1 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:59:53)

Topic: [deleted]

sadasdasasd

Re: [deleted]

Alex

MPC-HC, MadVR, an excellent subfilter (XYSub was good), and ReClock

SVP bundle has all of them except XYSub. I use internal MPC-HC subtitles engine. It working to me well.
So you may use SVP without any codec packs.

3 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:59:58)

asdasdasdas

I've been using the Combined Community Codec Pack, which still offers a 32 bit solution alongside a 64 bit one, with SVP and it works pretty much without issue for me.

Many years ago I used to be a codec pack kinda guy. The more codecs the better wink  Then, when things got kinda sketchy, I was left troubleshooting some very convoluted issues which proved near impossible to solve without some lengthy uninstall/reinstall sessions. What I learned was that more is not always better - infact is is usually worse.

What I do now, assuming a 64-bit windows OS, as far as MPC-xx/LAV/MadVR/SVP is concerned is install them in sequence - MPC-xx/LAV (32 and 64-bit) and insure it works - LAV will have most of what you need for decoding formats. Then MadVR (it is a unified 32/64-bit install) and working from defaults tweek it to your video watching needs. Finally get SVP4 and select the 32 and 64-bit options. Test it out for proper operation in 32-bit and move on to 64-bit is applicable. No codec packs needed and a lot less aggravation than the throwing everything against the wall approach and seeing what sticks.

Or better yet start from scratch after uninstalling all the various bits, pieces and patches you have accumulated and start fresh following one of the associated install guides. ex: HOW TO -Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188). Remember google is your friend wink

You really don't need a codec pack... that's what SVP is, in essence.

Between LAV splitter, MadVR, Reclock, SVP, your video player of choice, and (optionally) XYSubFilter, you shouldn't need to install or change anything else at all. SVP includes everything but an external subtitle renderer, which is easy to install yourself.

Or better yet, just install 64-bit MPV, start it with the right arguments, and thats it. It does everything MPC + all the extras used to do, but does so with better performance so I can crank up the SVP settings.