1 (edited by CommanderBubbke 09-03-2016 13:01:54)

Topic: SVP 4 seeming to cause video delay

when watching mkvs (it doesn't seem to be effecting mp4s but im not 100% on this) i have a noticable video delay

i say video delay because the audio is ahead of the video, AND the subtitles are also ahead of the video - which leads me to believe that ethe video is behind rather than the other two both being ahead.

if i disable svp, with the same file still open the delay is gone, so i'm pretty sure the problem is svp-related

this is using the 32bit chain, with lav 0.68 (though 0.67 had the same problem, i tried both) madvr 0.90.15, mpc 1.7.10 stable (also tried on latest nightly) with ffdshow sep '14.
edit: tried both cuvid and dxva with lav to no avail either

is anyone else experiencing this, or have any ideas why?

it's not lack of system performance, i'm running dual gtx 970s and a 2600K @ 4.4GHz and 16GB ram.

i've only noticed it in the last few days, about a week ago i hadn't noticed anything like this happening.

if it makes a difference, i installed the 64bit chain for svp a couple of days ago, and am now using avisynth+ (i think, i tried removing that but it didn't seem to make any difference).

Re: SVP 4 seeming to cause video delay

1. Try avysynth mt not +. It may help with delay.
2. Change processing threads to lower value (like 7)
3. Vapoursynth may come soon. Testing it in beta version:
http://i.imgur.com/3PpYXCb.png

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 09-03-2016 20:20:11)

Let me guess, your MKVs do not have a bit depth of 8bit, or are HEVC/h.265 or VP9.

You can find this out by opening the video in MPC-HC, going to File -> Properties, clicking on the "MediaInfo" tab, and then looking under "Video".

If this is the case, then it simply means that the videos cannot be decoded in hardware, so it takes more CPU utilization to decode the video...which results in less CPU headroom for SVP.

I also have this issue but only when watching 4K videos and having the hw decode on.

dlr5668 wrote:

Is this Vapoursynth version still using ffdshow?

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 10-03-2016 04:47:56)

river wrote:

I also have this issue but only when watching 4K videos and having the hw decode on.

Still can be the same issue.  For example, DXVA on my Haswell Intel graphics seems to be incapable of decoding 4k AVC at anything more than 24 or something, while using QuickSync can do it at 40+fps...but at the cost of higher CPU utilization and therefore requires lower SVP settings.

river wrote:
dlr5668 wrote:

Is this Vapoursynth version still using ffdshow?

No its not. But it only works with mpv player.

i removed avisynth+, it seems to be nearly fine now, the delay seems to be under ~100ms, but it could just be im looking for and finding it even though it's not there. it's certainly better now.

some of the mkv's are 8bit, others are 10 bit. it's the same with both.
same with the codec, some are x264, some are x265.

i've never had problem with decoding and live interpolation with any of these files before.

and the CPU usage whilst playing the video is only sitting at about 30-40%, it's still got plenty of headroom left

I also have audio delay and my video also stutters when my SVP is enabled. This is also a warning I get from SVP. SVP warning  svp index =0.73x.

joe123yo1
SVP index must be equal to 1. Low SVP index tells about low speed because of performance issues.
Try to lower SVP settings or try to encrease threads number. SVP tray menu - Application settings - Additional options - Processing threads.

I noticed the same thing with the latest upgrade. Everything looks smooth and no frame skipping but I need to set audio delay to 300 and then it looks perfect to my eyes.

shaolin95
You may reduce threads number to eliminate audio delay.
SVP tray menu - Application settings - Additional options - Processing threads
Use Auto value or for CPU Intel Core2Duo E8500 the optimal value must be 5.

MAG79 wrote:

Use Auto value or for CPU Intel Core2Duo E8500 the optimal value must be 5.

I do believe I needed to use at least 7 threads on my Core2Duo T8300 for full SVP performance; unfortunately I cannot remember the specific video in which I tested this with.

Maybe it is 7. It needs to be tested. I want to tell to fix audio delay one need to reduce threads number if it huge (15 or more) in SVP settings.