Topic: NTSC DVD problems

Hello I have a lot of NTSC dvds that I ripped with "makemkv". They mostly are 720*480 29.970 fps. I have set SVP of course to do frame conversion "to screen". I use MPCHC and my TV is set to 60Hz. When I play the NTSC file SVP triggers and correctly shows "SVP: Playing at 59.94" then it shows "SVP enabled" video runs perfectly smooth, it's perfect, but after a few seconds movie briefly stops and another message appears that might randomly be "SVP: Playing at 59.940" or "SVP: Playing at 59.880" or "SVP: Playing at 60.000" and there is micro stutter everywhere even if it is showing "SVP: Playing at 59.940" and even if there are no frame drops showing in MadVR OSD. This happens with literally every NTSC movie, all pal movies and HD movies play perfectly fine. Can you please help?

Thank you ^^

Re: NTSC DVD problems

AndreaMG
Use constant framerate multiply factor. In your case it must be x2.

Post's attachments

SVP4_x2_smooth_factor.png, 31.8 kb, 516 x 589
SVP4_x2_smooth_factor.png 31.8 kb, 483 downloads since 2016-05-02 

Also we have another solutions. But I need to get logs from you to make usefull advice.
Please open NTSC DVD video with your old settings and wait for micro stutter apper. After that send us bug report via SVP4 with message "NTSC DVD micro stutter".
SVP tray menu - Information - send problem report...

4 (edited by AndreaMG 03-05-2016 20:54:12)

Thank you Mag, "Moviex2" is not helping because I think SVP doubles the wrong framerate. Attached you'll find the logs of  4 tests that I made with 2 different NTSC dvds. In all the tests my plasma TV is set to 60Hz.

Thank you wink

Post's attachments

NTSC Tests.txt 17.63 kb, 540 downloads since 2016-05-03 

AndreaMG
Looks like you have "hardcoded" 2:3 pulldown NTSC disk because "Big Trouble in Little China" is a 24 fps movie on the 30 fps DVD. You need somehow to decimate 24 fps from 30 (23.976 from 29.97). Maybe it already does some decoder or filter in your player. You can check it by view it frame by frame (Ctrl + right arrow in pause mode). If you don't see repeated frames then to smooth it in SVP just select constant smooth factor "Movie x2.5". Righter "Movie x2". See picture above.

x2.5 factor must help with your disc "Petunia" as it has 23.976 fps.

Media: video 720x480 [PAR 1.185] at 23.976 fps [variable]

Setting "Movie x2.5" on both movies solved all the issues, they now play perfectly smooth with 0 frame drops!

THANK YOU SO MUCH MAG FOR THE HELP!
smile