Re: AVS+ r1841

Blackfyre wrote:

Here is VERSION 4.0.0.60 via Chainik

https://www.svp-team.com/files/temp/svp4-60.zip

OK thanks. As a first try, the video INNA Endless was still stuttering. But if I open the file directly without going through the 432hz re-attunement script, then it plays perfect. So in that one case, it's because of the AviSynth filter reading the source file too slowly.

I'll play around with this version and see if I encounter any problem.

27 (edited by Mystery 20-04-2016 09:39:26)

I will also add at the new AVS+ initializes considerably faster.

In my Natural Grounding Player, when playing at 432hz, I edited the script to repeat the first frame for half-second to fill up the buffer to avoid lag on start. It's working pretty smooth!

I'm only using what comes with SVP 4, which is AVS 2.6 I believe.

Doesn't AVS+ provide famous bug on fast rewind? When multiple clicks crash it.

James D wrote:

AFAIR this happens due to ffdshow x64 bug, not AVS+.

nemoW wrote:
James D wrote:

I had this bug with 32bit AVS+.

James D wrote:
nemoW wrote:
James D wrote:

I had this bug with 32bit AVS+.

Isn't that bug available since always?

Fast multiple clicks always give me crash doesn't matter which version. And why it's crashed somehow understandable, because when the player/renderer still in middle of filling the frame buffer, the requested frame then changed even before the previous filling completed.
And then user clicks it again even before the 2nd filling completed, and after that user clicks it again even before 3rd filling completed and so on.

The crashes and freezes appear to be the same with AVS+ than with AVS 2.6, so it would make sense that the bug is in ffdshow and not related to AVS.

34 (edited by James D 21-04-2016 08:48:21)

Mystery wrote:

The crashes and freezes appear to be the same with AVS+ than with AVS 2.6, so it would make sense that the bug is in ffdshow and not related to AVS.

Zero crashes on fast multiple forward/rewind clicks on AVS 2.6 MT. It was proven in the past by some beta testers and users back on SVP3.
While 2.5 and AVS+ had it. All 32 bit.

If you still have this bug then it should be your player/64 bit/overclocking whatever but not ffdshow. It should be another bug because that one should be gone.

James D wrote:

Zero crashes on fast multiple forward/rewind clicks on AVS 2.6 MT. It was proven in the past by some beta testers and users back on SVP3.
While 2.5 and AVS+ had it. All 32 bit.

If you still have this bug then it should be your player/64 bit/overclocking whatever but not ffdshow. It should be another bug because that one should be gone.

I believe it was workaround, it's not actually solved.
IIRC, the workaround is to make the delay for SVP manager after forward/rewind click so the buffer filling is not unnecessarily done.

As far I understand, SVPFlow will need several frame forward and backward for each frame in order to calculate the interpolation. If SVP manager is off when forward/rewind, those additional frame won't be needed and it's on again after the "search" is stable.

I don't think I've ever seen SVP without that bug. Perhaps there's a configuration combination that minimizes it but I haven't got that configuration.

Chainik, how complicated is ffdshow? As I understand it, it's an old piece of code that is totally unmanageable and is dead since long, and it does a whole bunch of things. Just to do the AviSynth integration, would it be very difficult to rewrite a "ffdshow lite" that does just that in the simplest and most stable way?

Crashing in SVP is the thing that drives me crazy. Some videos crash, some dont. Ive come to accept it as a bug in the video playing. Im back using 3.1.7 though which is working GREAT wink!

Mystery wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen SVP without that bug. Perhaps there's a configuration combination that minimizes it but I haven't got that configuration.

Looks like we are talking about different bugs (none of which I discover right now) because...
http://i.imgur.com/IQLpLkO.png
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 588#p45588

2.6 MT is considerably more stable than 2.5, but it would still freeze now and then. Just a LOT less.

I can't even remember the last time I've had 2.6 MT crash/freeze, and I use SVP for darned near everything.

41 (edited by Mystery 22-04-2016 03:34:11)

I think 2.6 wasn't crashing so much on seek, but would still sometimes freeze when loading videos.

Every now and then, MPC-HC process needs to be killed and re-opened.

Then I'm also loading the video through an AVS script to re-tune to 432hz instead of opening it directly which adds to the instability.

Edit: I think you're right. 2.6 doesn't crash on seek. Only on load.

42 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 22-04-2016 06:18:26)

Wait, I remember the last time I had 2.6 MT crash on me - it was when I switched from MPC-HC 1.7.9 to 1.7.10!

Needless to say, I reverted to 1.7.9 and instead just manually updated the integrated LAVfilters.  Since then I've been rock-solid stable.

Heck I've been so stable that I've decided to try out SVP 64bit since I feel that all the low-hanging fruit have been tended to with 32bit SVP.

43 (edited by Mystery 23-04-2016 17:43:49)

Alright I've been playing around with MPC-HC 1.7.9, AviSynth+ and SVP 4.0.0.60.

It has been surprisingly very stable but I just got a freeze after playing videos about 20 videos without issue. The freezes only happen when loading videos.

Then I'm loading AVS scripts instead of opening the video file directly; I'm not sure if it would still crash if I open the video files directly.

EDIT: I've got another crash when loading a video directly. Still totally random, but it always happens when loading.

So are you saying MPC 1.7.9 helps? Or was it SVP 4.0.0.60 like I suggested? Or both?

45 (edited by Mystery 24-04-2016 05:19:07)

It does seem a bit more stable with 4.0.0.60 as the latest version was causing random crashes in the middle of playback which didn't happen before.

As to whether MPC 1.7.9 helps, I'm not sure.

46 (edited by Drakko01 24-04-2016 23:10:20)

Thanks you Mystery I can tell that change to new version r1847 over the r1779, I see a improvement on playback, used to have little micro shutters, with the new Avs+ almost disappear
svp 4.0.0.70
Mpc-hc 1.7.10
Madvr 0.90.15
lav 0.68
Avs+ r1847

And also fix crashes in the 4k playback files

Oh, I just got a "freeze on seek". These are now rare but still happen.