Topic: SVP Menu Scaling

Hello, the menu of my SVP recently have been changed to like the picture below, and I've already tried disabling DPI scaling in windows for SVP but the problem still exist.

http://i.imgur.com/qYhNjmQ.jpg

Re: SVP Menu Scaling

What exactly do you see in the log about screens configuration?
Like this:

Screens: screen 0 - 1920x1080 @60.000 Hz [measured], x1.0 [72 DPI]

SVP's UI is scaled when Windows DPI scaling is set to x2, and you may need to restart SVP Manager after changing DPI scaling value.

http://i.imgur.com/CiHGshj.jpg

Is there a way to disable scaling just in SVP?

You can try to set an environment variable

QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1

but I'm not sure it'll work... can't try it myself right now

Why you want to disable scaling on the 4K screen? Unless it's 40 inches in size the scaled version should look better.

5 (edited by heartog 10-04-2016 22:16:11)

How do I create n environment variable? I wanted to disable the scaling in SVP because Windows has already scaled it for me, now that both scaling is on it makes the menu very big.

Anyway it won't help...

It seems like Qt 5.6 auto scaling scales UI up to x2 size when Windows scaling is >=1.5 which is really bad in cases like yours.
We'll add an options to implicitly set the scaling value in the next build.

> Windows has already scaled it for me, now that both scaling is on it makes the menu very big

Not really... Windows scales only fonts and windows sizes, but not images and other hand-drawed stuff - e.g. the performance graphs in SVP won't be scaled.

4.0.0.74 - see the text file "ui-scale.cfg' in the SVP installation folder

ok, thanks now that the menu is smaller, but i can't seem to remove the checkbox box beside the selections which i used to not have.

> the checkbox box beside the selections which i used to not have

what do you mean? oO

like the box beside the "temporarily disable SVP"

heartog
Screenshot may be helpful.

I got it... it's about the "Fusion" visual style used for the HiDPI screens by default.
Obviously it's not needed when UI scale set to 1.

When i set the DPI scale to 1, it doesn't scale down