Topic: Reverted to 3.1.7a

I had some bad experiences with SVP 4 and now reverted back to 3.1.7a and am happy again. More people that followed the same path as me?

Re: Reverted to 3.1.7a

mindz
Why you did so?

What issues did you have?

And no I would not revert. Even though I had issues myself (now only 1 issue left for me), I would not revert personally. I would rather work and help the developers find the problems and fix them. Because this is now and the future of SVP. So we need to figure out the problems together and help fix the issues if there are any issues.

At the end of the day this is a program by the community, for the community (we all chipped in together and we feel part of the project). It's better if we push it and make it better and fix its issues.

MAG79 wrote:

mindz
Why you did so?

4.0 crashed more often than 3.1.7. Plus the new method of installing/updating also brought alot of crashes and uncertainties.

Listing the specific crashes and instabilities would be useful.

I have to say I did also have some instabilities and I haven't always reported them.

Arent the crash reports sent to a server automatically? Not many users have the time to actively be part of the dev team efforts.