Topic: Need help with Potplayer+SVP 4 free

I've been using svp for a long time now and some months ago I started using svp 4 and it worked great. But yesterday I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and thanks to some mishaps on my end, I had to uninstall all the apps on my PC, which included both potplayer and SVP 4.

So today I reinstalled both potplayer and svp 4 and after a bit of tweaking it was working pretty well, but I had a lot of lag when a lot of subtitles were on screen (namely during anime openings and endings) so I tried to fix it... But somehow, now svp doesn't work *at all* on my potplayer and even though I've tried reinstalling potplayer, svp, ffdshow, avisynth, etc like 10 times now, it still hasn't worked.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, thank you.

Re: Need help with Potplayer+SVP 4 free

Right-Click SVP 4 Tray Icon (in the bottom right corner of your screen). Open the Application Settings Menu, in that Menu open the Additional Options Menu, Click on Reset Settings to Defaults.

See if that helps. However, if that doesn't fix the issue.

Right Click the Tray Icon again. Open the Information Menu, and in that Menu open the Video Player Configuration Menu, Click on Daum PotPlayer and follow all the instructions.

OK, I did both of those things, but SVP still doesn't recognize potplayer for some reason. Even when I have potplayer running, it tells me that there is "No active playback".

Do you remember to add ffdshow raw in external filter?

5 (edited by NatP 31-03-2016 08:57:15)

Yeah, I've done that. Again, I've installed svp successfully on my pc a number of times now, and I've tried starting from scratch and following the guide and reinstalling potplayer and svp and all that.

It's just that while I was trying to fix this lag I got during scenes with a lot of subtitles that I somehow accidentally made svp unable to recognize potplayer.

EDIT: While looking around in SVP's settings I found the "Events log" tab, and I just noticed that it's telling me that "VideoPlayer: 64-bit SVP engine is not installed". Is this related to my problem?

Maybe, but you're using 32bit video filters chain right? It should be no problem if you're using potplayer 32bit.

No, you're right, that was indeed the problem! I installed potplayer 64-bit since I had a 64-bits system and I thought that would have fixed the subtitles problem I was having.

But instead now that I've installed potplayer 32-bit again, it's working perfectly once more, including no lag on scenes with multiples subtitles. Thank you so much for your help!