26 (edited by starks 20-03-2016 21:01:57)

Re: mpv based video players for Windows

I don't even think SVP is kicking in properly.

I see the SVP message in the mpv window, but the smoothness doesn't actually occur. In fact, mpv lags while it struggles to load the filters.

mpv updated to that version
(hopefully will be in the mpv's master branch soon)

replace "input-unix-socket=9911" with "input-ipc-server=mpvpipe"

requires SVP Manager 4.0.0.73 to work correctly

I'm trying to get SVP to work with Plex Media Player:
I replaced mpv-1.dll with the one from SVP, and copied the vapoursynth64 files into the same folder, and added the mpv.conf as stated in the wiki.
Plex will start up & let me browse, but when trying to play a video, it just crashes to desktop. All this also happens whether SVP4 Manager is running or not.
Has anyone been able to get it working?
Is there anything else i should try?
Since Plex Media Player is open source might there be a small change that can be made to it to get it to work?

> and copied the vapoursynth64 files into the same folder

This won't help!

IF you want to use "mpv-1.dll" you have to install system-wide Python 3.5 and Vapousynth.
The crash at start is because of unsatisfied dependencies, that's all.

i now installed python 3.5.1 32&64bit for all users and registered it to path, and vapoursynth 32&64bit with the installer, uninstalled plex media player, deleted all files in the installation directory, reinstalled it and rebooted.
When i use the SVP mpv-1.dll, i get an error saying that VapourSynth.dll is missing, i've reinstalled vapoursynth multiple times but it still can't seem to find it.
Is there anything else i should be doing here?
Thanks for your time!

the cfg file is
    C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\PlexMediaPlayer\mpv.conf
by the way wink

thanks, i put the mpv.conf there but i still get the same error.
do i have to set the vapoursynth directory in some config file? because all the vapoursynth files are clearly where the setup put them, in 32&64bit, but it always says they are missing.
If i manually copy the contents of the core64 folder from the vapoursynth install directory into the plex folder where i put the mpv-1.dll, plex will start & crash once it tries to play anything just like in my first post.
is there a specific version of vapoursynth & python i should be using?

Hi, Was VoodaGod's issue resolved? I am running into the same issue with Plex Media Player where I am getting the error "Vapoursynth.dll is missing". I tried following the instructions in the wiki multiple times sad

ThaVerge wrote:

Hi, Was VoodaGod's issue resolved? I am running into the same issue with Plex Media Player where I am getting the error "Vapoursynth.dll is missing". I tried following the instructions in the wiki multiple times :(

Hi, I was able to fix it by completely removing everything (python, vapoursynth, plex media player, and removing the mpv features in svp).
Then I followed the instructions again, and had the same problem of missing the vapoursynth dlls.
So I downloaded the 64bit portable version of vapoursynth and put that in the directory with plex media player, and now it works ;)

Great, thank you!

I'm going to try this. Hope this lets me move over from Kodi to Plex smile

VoodaGod wrote:
ThaVerge wrote:

Hi, Was VoodaGod's issue resolved? I am running into the same issue with Plex Media Player where I am getting the error "Vapoursynth.dll is missing". I tried following the instructions in the wiki multiple times sad

Hi, I was able to fix it by completely removing everything (python, vapoursynth, plex media player, and removing the mpv features in svp).
Then I followed the instructions again, and had the same problem of missing the vapoursynth dlls.
So I downloaded the 64bit portable version of vapoursynth and put that in the directory with plex media player, and now it works wink

brucethemoose wrote:

I think there's a performance advantage with MPV, but you can't use MadVR or ReClock with it atm.

nemoW wrote:

No madVR. sad

That's because everything madVR does mpv already has included by default, you just have to configure it. I believe it has what reclock offers too. It is not a bad thing that these things don't work with it, it's probably a good thing.

37 (edited by James D 18-04-2016 07:42:04)

Chainik wrote:

mpv is a major "drawback" big_smile

I guess it's a matter of taste because it works and for me it's MPC what is the utter mess. His classic look and feel makes me think I am stuttered in 90-th. Or like it has Win95 shell/skin.

Mystery wrote:

How is the VapourSynth version going? I suppose it's more stable than the AviSynth version? Any drawbacks? VapourSynth itself is still young.

I never used vapoursynth before except for svpflow, but then I never used avisynth too.
However it's certainly nicer than avisynth

Chainik wrote:

>
> How is the VapourSynth version going? I suppose it's more stable than the AviSynth version? Any drawbacks?

mpv is a major "drawback" big_smile

mpv is gpu intensive sad
the only way I can watch with mpv is to lower the setting of my svpflow options.
cannot use any hardware decoder, always fallback to software decoder if used together with svpflow.

mpc is lighter but unstable, mpv is more stable but heavier sad

according to docs, dxva should work together with vapoursynth filter
--hwdec=dxva2-copy

====
or "hwdec=d3d11va-copy", marked in the docs as "experimental (Windows only)"

40 (edited by dlr5668 18-04-2016 10:47:29)

Chainik wrote:

according to docs, dxva should work together with vapoursynth filter
--hwdec=dxva2-copy

====

http://i.imgur.com/TCoFUnQ.png

d3d11va-copy option doesnt work.

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commi … 69f56eca29
"Commits on Mar 30, 2016"

Chainik wrote:

Could you share the newest mpv build with vapoursynth?

It seems I couldn't able to build it using msys2 in windows sad

dlr5668 wrote:

AviSynth+ r1841 works really well for svp encoding / vaporsynth for svp watching big_smile

How? I replaced the avisynth.dll whether 64 bit in system32 and 32 bit in syswow64.
(oh, for 32 bit I tested by putting the avisynth.dll in video player folder so it immediately found)

None of those two working.

43 (edited by dlr5668 18-04-2016 18:21:09)

Replace dll and change version in staxrip
http://i.imgur.com/B5QMLsL.png

Yes I want to test new dxva option too. Started building mpv too.
http://i.imgur.com/KmBA9t8.png

I'll build "the official" version tomorrow

45 (edited by dlr5668 23-04-2016 21:17:13)

ANGLE backend + D3d11 hwdec

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code … dTLRVL2KR7

is it any better than "dxva2-copy"?

47 (edited by dlr5668 18-04-2016 20:05:41)

Chainik wrote:

is it any better than "dxva2-copy"?

dxva-copy judders too much on anything higher than 60 Hz for me. Angle needs more testing.

James D wrote:

I guess it's a matter of taste because [mpv] works and for me it's MPC what is the utter mess.

My main issue is that I use MPC-HC's automatic resolution/refresh rate changer to give a smoother result with fewer artifacts and lower CPU utilization, but setting up mpv to do the same thing requires at least a bit of coding-like or command-line ability which is a major weak point of mine due to it being much more abstract than dealing with hardware and/or GUIs.

mpv packages updated to the latest git version

plus a default "mpv.conf" is added into SVP/mpv64 folder
feel free to suggest some additional options to include into it wink

ANGLE: https://github.com/lachs0r/mingw-w64-cm … 6a5b0bcda8

mpv: disable angle
Broken shit, not worth wasting my time with.