Topic: MPC-HC video hangings

Hello everyone,

I have encountered two problems which seem related to one another lately.

I'm going to detail my specs in the attached screenshots. I have GPU Acceleration enabled in the SVP settings and I'm using DXVA2 (Copy-Back) in LAV video renderer.

Here are the issues :

Sometimes when a video has been playing great for a certain amount of time, SVP seems to restart of it's own, so the image freezes for less than a second and then it reverts to normal with SVP reactivation and showing on screen information (like when I use the seekbar).

Sometimes, when the video has also been playing for a certain amount of time which is variable also, the picture simply freezes without the sound being altered at all (it simply continues as if nothing had happened). Subtitles stop being displayed, too. It can last a few seconds before pictures slowly start to reappear, resulting in jerky off sync film with 1/2 fps and then it gradually speeds up again until everything is normal again. This may not happen at all, forcing me to kill the process unsing task manager.

Thank you by advance for helping me out.

Post's attachments

2016-03-12 (1).png, 50.8 kb, 627 x 715
2016-03-12 (1).png 50.8 kb, 407 downloads since 2016-03-11 

2016-03-12 (2).png, 42.1 kb, 627 x 715
2016-03-12 (2).png 42.1 kb, 391 downloads since 2016-03-11 

2016-03-12.png, 51.32 kb, 627 x 715
2016-03-12.png 51.32 kb, 375 downloads since 2016-03-11 

Re: MPC-HC video hangings

ParanormalBanana

Sometimes when a video has been playing great for a certain amount of time, SVP seems to restart of it's own, so the image freezes for less than a second and then it reverts to normal with SVP reactivation and showing on screen information (like when I use the seekbar).

I think it is 'Black bars detection' option enabled. SVP just has detect another black bars width and apply them.
You can disable this option.

Sometimes, when the video has also been playing for a certain amount of time which is variable also, the picture simply freezes without the sound being altered at all (it simply continues as if nothing had happened). Subtitles stop being displayed, too. It can last a few seconds before pictures slowly start to reappear, resulting in jerky off sync film with 1/2 fps and then it gradually speeds up again until everything is normal again.

Look to events log. SVP tray icon - Information - Events log.
I think the answer is there.

When I go into event logs there is only a log for today. I think windows has cleant them, can you keep this post opened until the issue happens again and I can send you the log ?

Also I don't know if you got my andwer from the report, I'd like keeping madvr as a renderer, since it used to work fine and I like it very much. About the black bars, should I keep detection enabled in madvr and disabled in SVP or the opposite ?