Topic: Cant watch video with svp that MPC_HC crashes

Hi.

I cannot watch this 2880p (5k) video with svp that mpc-hc crashes... those heavy videos simply use a lot of ram...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRt4Duf7GoI

To download I use "4k video downloader", MP4, second 4k option (which is not 4k, but 5k) that is +- 509 MB (Snow Monkeys in Japan 5K Retina 60p (Ultra HD).mp4), and 23fps (its not 60p on youtube).

I have used the 4gb patch but its no use.

My processor can handle 5k videos 60 fps with svp, if the bitrate is low, like this video.

Anyone?

Thank you.

Re: Cant watch video with svp that MPC_HC crashes

you may try to install 64 bit SVP packages

3 (edited by Roberto Rossi 05-03-2016 15:24:38)

Sorry to forget that, I am already using 64-bit svp, and 64-bit mpc-hc......... I had the same issue with 32 bit mpc-hc and 32-bit svp, and I thought using 64-bit svp it wouldnt happen anymore...

I am using 64-bit svp with all options maxed (except for complicated svp shader, that I do not recommend using (it used to crash), and only 60 fps); and nvidia dxva copy-back, and enhanced video renderer (custom presenter).

"motion vectors precision" = "two pixels" will save a lot of RAM usage

I had to lower the threads from auto to 11 for this 5k video to play, .... for my ghost towns 8k video play with svp (not reaching 50 fps), I had to put threads = 3.... all settings were lowered for these videos.

Sucess!

Just for reference, how much RAM do you have?

7 (edited by Roberto Rossi 07-03-2016 19:51:53)

8gb... my video player crashes with svp when media player classic uses alone +-2.5 gb ram for 5k video or +-3.5 gb ram for 8k video, then I have to lower threads, but that impacts some of the performance.