Topic: Audio desync, how to diagnose problem?

I've recently been having audio desync problems. Problem only occurs when I run SVP, if it's disabled there is no desync problems. This happens even with the default "automatic" settings.

It's very noticeable, but doesn't appear to be a set amount (have to constantly readjust). I've had this problem with mkv, avi, mp4, doesn't seem to be any common factor in the files.

How should I go about figuring out why this is happening?

2 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 27-01-2016 09:06:04)

Re: Audio desync, how to diagnose problem?

First off, check the performance graph in SVP to make sure that you're actually running at a constant and stable framerate.

See at the SVP Index value. It must be = 1.

Sorry what is "SVP Index value"? I see no setting like that, is it something in a config file somewhere? :S

SVP control panel - Performance monitor - diagram in the top

6 (edited by gorman 27-01-2016 15:00:33)

It's not =1, it's flicking up and down between approximately 0.94 and 1.03. I see some very rare spikes too.

Make sure your decoder in LAVfilters is set to "DXVA2 (copy-back)"

I did as above and it's maybe fixed now, haven't seen it come up, but then again it was intermitent. Thanks for the help!

My SVP rating also fluctuates, between >1 and 0.97, and the only way that I've found to completely eliminate the audio desync is to use D3D fullscreen mode in Media Player Classic.