Topic: svp 4 pro Not smooth playback of anime HELP!!

What is the recommended settings in SVP 4 pro to achieve smooth playback 60fps and highest quality without getting ugly artifacts and jerky playback. I need for both anime and movies PLEASE HELP!! big_smile

2 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 23-01-2016 02:59:57)

Re: svp 4 pro Not smooth playback of anime HELP!!

I can't help with regards to "highest quality" and "ugly artifacts" (because both of these are very much opinion-based), but I can help with the jerky playback.

1. Set your LAVfilters decoder to "DXVA2 (copy-back)"

1b. If you have the drivers for Intel integrated graphics installed, you can alternatively try setting your LAVfilters decoder to "Intel QuickSync"

2. If that doesn't solve the problem, manually increase the amount of threads that SVP uses via "Application settings" -> "Additional options" -> "Processing threads"; set it to the smallest value that gives you perfectly smooth video.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

I can't help with regards to "highest quality" and "ugly artifacts" (because both of these are very much opinion-based), but I can help with the jerky playback.

1. Set your LAVfilters decoder to "DXVA2 (copy-back)"

1b. If you have the drivers for Intel integrated graphics installed, you can alternatively try setting your LAVfilters decoder to "Intel QuickSync"

2. If that doesn't solve the problem, manually increase the amount of threads that SVP uses via "Application settings" -> "Additional options" -> "Processing threads"; set it to the smallest value that gives you perfectly smooth video.

Which value do you recommend, I am not good with stuff like this.

4 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 23-01-2016 03:19:23)

Do step 1.  If it's still stuttery, do step 1b.  If that doesn't do anything, then change it back to the way described in step 1 and then try step 2.

Do step 1.  If it's still stuttery, do step 1b.  If that doesn't do anything, then change it back to the way described in step 1 and then try step 2.

I already tried that its okay now. What settings are you using svp mind sharing, a bit curious xD

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 23-01-2016 03:48:48)

TayyabKhalid wrote:

I already tried that its okay now. What settings are you using svp mind sharing, a bit curious xD

My settings are almost "maxed out" for maximum smoothness, but it can be quite artifact-heavy for some people.

My settings wrote:

Uniform (max fluidity)
2. Sharp (anime)
Disabled

Half pixel
[480p] 6 px, Small 2
[720p] 8 px. Small 0
[1080p] 12 px. Average 2
Disabled
Average
Strongest
Large

Blend adjacent frames

For non-anime content, I use the same settings but with the shader set to "23. Complicated" rather than "2. Sharp", though I sometimes have to set the shader to "13. Standard" if the video has a lot of moving thin lines ("Complicated" gives squiggly lines on such content).

Arguably more important is that I have my monitor run at a refresh rate that is an exact multiple of the source framerate.  More information can be found in the following thread starting from this post:
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 013#p56013

TayyabKhalid wrote:

My settings are almost "maxed out" for maximum smoothness, but it can be quite artifact-heavy for some people.

My settings wrote:

Uniform (max fluidity)
2. Sharp (anime)
Disabled

Half pixel
[480p] 6 px, Small 2
[720p] 8 px. Small 0
[1080p] 12 px. Average 2
Disabled
Average
Strongest
Large

Blend adjacent frames

For non-anime content, I use the same settings but with the shader set to "23. Complicated" rather than "2. Sharp", though I sometimes have to set the shader to "13. Standard" if the video has a lot of moving thin lines ("Complicated" gives squiggly lines on such content).

Arguably more important is that I have my monitor run at a refresh rate that is an exact multiple of the source framerate.  More information can be found in the following thread starting from this post:
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 013#p56013

Why didn't you tell me this from start lol. The videos are far more smoother now and tbh I don't see so much artifacts. Thanks for sharing man, I can finally watch 60fps anime! big_smile

8 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 23-01-2016 04:37:14)

TayyabKhalid wrote:

Why didn't you tell me this from start lol. The videos are far more smoother now and tbh I don't see so much artifacts. Thanks for sharing man, I can finally watch 60fps anime! big_smile

Because some people are really adamant about not wanting artifacts.

But the refresh rate thing was something I didn't want to mention until the judder was solved.