1 (edited by Mystery 05-01-2016 19:51:48)

Topic: Changing Preset Order

I'm configuring presets in SVP4. According to the rules, it takes the first profile matching conditions starting from the first profile.

What if 1080p, 720p and 480p aren't in the right order? Is there a way to re-organize them, or is the only way to delete and re-create them in the right order, or set conditions that ensure only one profile will match (such as Height > 600 && Height < 1000)

Also, it is insisting on taking the "720p 30fps" profile for a 1080p video... when the "1080p 30fps" profile should be selected. I'm opening the raw video through an AviSynth script, I don't know if it messes things up.

Re: Changing Preset Order

The thing is, SVP doesn't really seem to prioritize certain conditions over others but rather just looks at how many conditions there are.

In your case, you should be able to get the correct condition by simply adding a "minimum" to each profile like you stated, like having the 1080p profile only apply to videos with a height larger than 932.

If this doesn't work, the then trick is to simply make redundant conditions, like specifying a minimum and maximum for framerate, source video size, and video frame.

as for the order, never mind. It's simply in alphabetical order, so it's normal that it appears 1080p, then 480p, and finally 720p

as for frame height... I found the problem. It first applies the downscaling from 1080p to 768p, and THEN looks at these conditions. So I must thread Height > 760 as being 1080p

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 05-01-2016 21:20:29)

Mystery wrote:

as for the order, never mind. It's simply in alphabetical order, so it's normal that it appears 1080p, then 480p, and finally 720p

Oh you just mean the sorting of the profile list?  There's a trick for that as well - put a space in front of the 480p and 720p profile names and they'll be listed first (it also visually aligns the text with 1080p as well).

The opposite is to put a ~ character at the beginning of the profile name which will move it to the end of the list.

Mystery wrote:

as for frame height... I found the problem. It first applies the downscaling from 1080p to 768p, and THEN looks at these conditions. So I must thread Height > 760 as being 1080p

That's what "Source frame area" is for - it refers to the actual resolution of the source video stream.