Topic: When using Potplayer (Latest ver) SVP4 pro crashes frequently

I am trying out Potplayer as for some reason the 32Bit MPC-HC either crashes at startup or at the click of a mouse.  I keep getting "SVP 4 pro manager has stopped working" and the smooth framerate stops.
I can not resolve this no matter what I try.  I applied the aware patch as I have an i7-4790k.

SVP 4 pro is crashing and not potplayer, however with MPC-HC it is not SVP4 Pro that crashes but MPC-HC that crashes.

Is this because of the fact I am using a 64bit OS?

If any further info is needed please let me know.

My Specs:

Windows 7 pro (64Bit)
Antec 600w PSU
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 DDR3 RAM
ASUS RT-AC68U Dual Band Router (1x 2.4Ghz + 1x 5Ghz WiFi)
Australian NBN (Telstra 100Mbps DL + 40Mbps UL)
Intel i7-4790k processor @4.0Ghz
Noctua NH-L12 CPU Cooler
ASUS z97-k Motherboard
4Gb Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming through DVI
27" ASUS VG278 3D monitor with Nvidia 3D Vision 2
Latest Nvidia Display Drivers
Latest Geforce Experience (For streaming games to my Shield Tablet)
Over 10Tb storage Space (4x Internal + 2x External HDD's)
Logitech F-710 Wireless Game Controller
Logitech G710+ Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G502 Proteus Core customized Gaming mouse
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Flight Sim Joystick
Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full Tower PC Case

Re: When using Potplayer (Latest ver) SVP4 pro crashes frequently

hoover1979
We need error details. Can you get it, please?
Start button - Right click on "Computer" - Computer management - Event viewer - Windows logs - Application. Find errors in the list (start from the top of list), double click them, press copy button and paste details here.

I fixed the problem by uninstalling LAV filters and uninstalling SVP and reinstalling SVP with only madvr and reclock and under ffdshow section of SVP install unchecking DXVA decoder otherwise that gets used and no smooth video for some reason.  SVP has not crashed since on Potplayer.

4 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 28-12-2015 20:06:37)

hoover1979 wrote:

unchecking DXVA decoder

That's because you can't use DXVA native; I don't know if Potplayer has the option but "DXVA2 (copy-back)" would work with SVP; if you also have the drivers for your Intel integrated GPU installed then you could possibly use the "Intel QuickSync" decoder as well if that is an option.

(for reference both of these are available options in MPC-HC's integrated LAVfilters)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
hoover1979 wrote:

unchecking DXVA decoder

That's because you can't use DXVA native; I don't know if Potplayer has the option but "DXVA2 (copy-back)" would work with SVP; if you also have the drivers for your Intel integrated GPU installed then you could possibly use the "Intel QuickSync" decoder as well if that is an option.

(for reference both of these are available options in MPC-HC's integrated LAVfilters)

I don't use Integrated Graphics as I use my 4Gb Gigabyte Geforce GTX970 G1 Gaming Graphics Card.

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 06-01-2016 02:24:12)

hoover1979 wrote:

I don't use Integrated Graphics as I use my 4Gb Gigabyte Geforce GTX970 G1 Gaming Graphics Card.

Discrete GPUs can still use DXVA2 (copy-back)...

Nevertheless, if you're a user of MadVR, you can get better performance by setting SVP to only use your integrated graphics which will give your discrete GPU more headroom for MadVR.