Re: MakeN PotPlayer Guide - Not Dead Yet 2021 W.I.P.

@MAG79 i already have those options and svp 4 still doesnt detect when i play video :S

PhysoTronic
1. You must use 32-Bit version of PotPlayer: PotPlayer menu - About.
2. Both processes (SVPManager and PotPlayer) must be run from the same user. Check it in the Detail tab of Task Manager.

Post's attachments

PotPlayer_32-Bit.png, 12 kb, 464 x 294
PotPlayer_32-Bit.png 12 kb, 612 downloads since 2015-12-26 

The_Same_User_name.png, 44.98 kb, 646 x 528
The_Same_User_name.png 44.98 kb, 648 downloads since 2015-12-26 

PhysoTronic
It if can't help then Check if you properly added ffdShow.
PotPlayer menu - Filters - Manage Filters - Filter Priority tab - Add registered filter - select ffdShow raw - OK - select it in the list - Choose Prefer - OK.
After that reopen your video file.

Happy New Year 2016

Hey Maken1, just installed fresh Windows 10, could you upload the pics again? Thanks!

Hi Maken,

I have just formatted Win 10 and I want to set up SVP according to your guide again, however, I see that none of the photos are loading.

Could you please try and fix it? Thanks

jerzeppp wrote:

Hey Maken1, just installed fresh Windows 10, could you upload the pics again? Thanks!

Zachn wrote:

Hi Maken,

I have just formatted Win 10 and I want to set up SVP according to your guide again, however, I see that none of the photos are loading.

Could you please try and fix it? Thanks

Hi guys, ohhh i see didnt noticed smile. I will reupload them again , also edit few stuffs if need, give me this days while i return from family city.

Mak

Maken1
You can upload pictures to this forum (attach up to 5 to every your post). They will be safe here wink

Thanks man, you're the best smile

This guide is really nice. Maybe it could be posted as wiki-page on main site?

Maybe it could be posted as wiki-page on main site?

I've already suggested this years ago big_smile

462 (edited by SummerSnowman 27-01-2016 04:34:13)

Hello Maken,

It's me again. This time im getting appcrash on d3dcompiler_47.dll. Is there anything I could do to fix this?
FYI: I'm running a x265 movie (again).

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    PotPlayerMini.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    5614d5b5
  Fault Module Name:    d3dcompiler_47.dll_unloaded
  Fault Module Version:    6.3.9600.16384
  Fault Module Timestamp:    52157b0e
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0028ae6f
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    5861
  Additional Information 2:    5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
  Additional Information 3:    47d6
  Additional Information 4:    47d6ced5a4ced37d6b05423e64558b77

Cheers!

EDIT: Nevermind. I just re-run it on FFMPEG

Please reupload the screenshots. I had reinstalled my OS and now I don't know how to configure it.

Glonor wrote:

Please reupload the screenshots. I had reinstalled my OS and now I don't know how to configure it.

Yeah sorry ( to you all too ) for taking too long, i have 3 weeks having serious problems with my internet, i´ve contacted isp many times but they still dont fix my problems. Ill try again Saturday or Sunday

Hi, currently trying to remember the steps and the settings before the pic link went down. I'm confused, which version of LAV filter should I use? 32bit or 64bit?

3bit of course

MAG79 wrote:

3bit of course

32bit? okay, thanks! And Makens, come on don't leave us hangin'!! wink My memory isn't as good as I'd like to admit..hahaha

Yes. 32bit. Sorry for typo smile

469 (edited by Maken1 15-02-2016 16:40:56)

okey okey starting to edit this since today, slow but sure ( been busy at home ). Uploading images, they will last for 1 year now, unless something happen or i delete / change them. Spanish ( Español ) version of the Guide is in plans ( separated thread ). Installed Windows 10 pro x64 build 10586, still need to install more stuffs.

Maken1
It's the third time I ask you to do this on the wiki rather than here

Chainik wrote:

Maken1
It's the third time I ask you to do this on the wiki rather than here

ok send me an email where i can contact you and talk about it when i finish this.

Guide Updated 1 - basic / recommended / ready for SVP
Editing Extra section

Important: sorry AMD ATi users, for the moment i cant provide advanced settings because i dont have any AMD ATi video cards, when i can get one by donation(s) or buy, then i will add what i can. For the moment detailed extra settings are more for Nvidia users. I also have Nvidia video card thanks to a friend who helped me to get a new rig ( thank you m8 ).

Guide Updated 2 - Extras. Still W.I.P.

Added madVR settings
W.I.P. Sound Blaster Z Series settings.

474 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 16-02-2016 05:45:31)

If you're including audio then you may want to mention something about the resampling bug that exists on Vista and Windows 7:

https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/ie9.html

Note that setting 96000Hz also seems to be somewhat of a work around (supposedly the issue still exists, but using 96KHz definitely minimizes any quality loss due to said bug).

475 (edited by Maken1 16-02-2016 06:34:01)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

If you're including audio then you may want to mention something about the resampling bug that exists on Vista and Windows 7:

https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/ie9.html

Note that setting 96000Hz also seems to be somewhat of a work around (supposedly the issue still exists, but using 96KHz definitely minimizes any quality loss due to said bug).

Hi, ok thanks for that. You say best is set in windows 96 Khz to minimeze as much as possible that bug or in case its present to X user ? When i play these samples , all of them sound ok i think, i didnt heard the " tone " it mention. I have set 96 Khz in my Z model. It mention the bug more present in win 7 right? but what about windows 10. I wonder if might change if you are using onboard audio device or dedicated sound card.

greetings

Edit2: ok if i understood well, this is a bug more present on vista / widows 7, some of them could be present or take in consideration even on win10. I should add your link as optional and guide for windows 7 users. Something for them to take a look.