Topic: Can't get it to work

Hi,

A friend of mine showed me SVP and i was sold immediately!
I have since purchased the full version but i can't get it working for the life of me.
I have tried MPC-HC (came bundled with the install) and potplayer (by following the instructions at https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:Daum_PotPlayer)
MPC-HC stutters horribly, and potplayer gives a green screen with the occasional frame of the media i'm trying to play
i've tried a variety of files in different formats and encodings to no avail.
Using Nvidia drivers 359.06
32-bit version of mediaplayers & ffdshow
If there's any more info needed i'll gladly provide it, but i'm not sure what would be relevant here.

2 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 14-12-2015 01:24:59)

Re: Can't get it to work

Let me guess, Windows 10?

If so, go into the LAVfilters configuration and change your decoder from "Nvidia CUVID" to "DXVA2 (copy-back)"

For reference, Nvidia's Windows 10 drivers are not as good as AMD's and Intel's Windows 10 drivers.

I408
See more in topic: Windows 10 - video player hangs and/or crashes

you are correct about windows 10!
i'm not sure about the LAV filters thing, here's a screenshot of (what i think are) the relevant settings http://i.imgur.com/hBBVmP5.png

I408
In MPC-HC: View menu - Options - Internal Filters tab - Video decoder - in section Hardware Acceleration select DXVA2 (copy-back) - OK - OK
About PotPlayer I think you are right with your picture.

I didn't test it yet. smile

6 (edited by I408 14-12-2015 10:37:47)

I doublechecked my MPC-HC settings and it is in fact set to copy-back, still getting what looks like 2-3 FPS even though SVP reports 144hz playback.
In case there's some hardware compatibility issues; here's my system specs:
I7-5960x
32gb ddr4
2 TitanX in quad SLI
2x samsung 850pro in raid1
All drivers up to date as far as i can tell, and ofcourse, Windows 10

I'll attempt a fresh windows install, thank you for the suggestions so far!

boom fresh install, and i had the same issues.. then, on a whim, i changed the DXVA2 copy-back mode to DX9:auto (from DX11:auto) and it's working like a dream!
Thanks everyone for your time to walk me through this!
(on an unrelated note, would it be possible to 'upgrade' my license to add more computers?)