Topic: Setting Max Memory and Override Amount of Threads.

I'm currently using SVP 3.1.7, I want to set the Max Memory on SVP around 4096/4GB and override the amount of threads, there's only 19 then goes to 30, i want to set it to 20 Threads, I tried setting it on 19, one core is not being used, then i set it on 30 threads, and its causing svp crashes, when seeking, My System Specs are AMD FX-8350 8-Core, GPU: EVGA GTX 760 2GB ACX, 32GB DDR3 clock @ 1866Mhz

I really want to know how to override the settings via notepad or something like regedit! hope anyone will understand what I'm talking about! and thank you SVP team smile

Re: Setting Max Memory and Override Amount of Threads.

Open "%SVP_INSTALLATION_FOLDER%\Resources\Settings\default.ini" and change the values below to:

AVSmem=4096
ExThreads=20

my %SVP_INSTALLATION_FOLDER% is "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP"
Update the file with admin or equal rights and backup before change it.

If you're using modified script, it's

SetMemoryMax(4096)
global threads=20

3 (edited by kairukun 09-12-2015 02:27:39)

I change the AVSmem=4096 and ExThreads=20, Opened AVS script, still ExThreads=30 and SetMemoryMax (1024), made sure i restarted the SVP Manager, still won't override the settings, am i missing something?

Also I want to add, I notice that opencl or should i say GPU Rendering Acceleration is not at most utilized to 100%, it should be using most of my GPU opencl, i tried using dmitriRender and it utilized all my GPU, except less on CPU, so is there way to override the GPU opencl to utilized so i can get the most performance out of my CPU and GPU combined power? if it's possible, please let me know and thank you for the help! still looking for answers, I tried using SVP 4 works ok and still lack some features because it requires purchase to unlock some features, but i'll wait till it gets unlocked! smile

I'd just like to mention that SVP4 provides the options for 21 threads and 23 threads right in the GUI...

This is not recommended but if you insist, you can change the generate.js for manual value
change the expression at line 350 into:
from

avs.WriteLine("SetMemoryMax("+value("AVSmem", 1700)+")");

to

avs.WriteLine("SetMemoryMax(4096)");

and add "threads = 20" above

avs.WriteLine('global threads='+threads);

I don't know why value("AVSmem", 1700) returning 1024 when it should return the default or if no default then it returns the "1700", maybe some expressions before line 350 have changed it but I'm too lazy to read it all. tongue
So this method is not recommended because it's hardcoded.

kairukun
To add new value of threads you can customize SVP 3.1.7 config file. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP\SVPMgr.config in notepad and add lines you nedded:

ExThreads#2;Количество потоков
-0;Авто;default
-2;2
-3;3
-4;4
-5;5
-6;6
-7;7
-8;8
-9;9
-10;10
-11;11
-12;12
-13;13
-14;14
-15;15
-19;19
-20;20
-30;30
-38;38

mashingan
Open "%SVP_INSTALLATION_FOLDER%\Resources\Settings\default.ini"
Allmost there but not there smile
SVP 3.1.7 uses AVSMem value from SVPMgr.ini from folder "%ProgramData%\SVP 3.1\Settings\". Usually it is "C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1\Settings\"

MAG79 wrote:

SVP 3.1.7 uses AVSMem value from SVPMgr.ini from folder "%ProgramData%\SVP 3.1\Settings\". Usually it is "C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1\Settings\"

That solves the puzzle big_smile, thanks

9 (edited by kairukun 09-12-2015 15:44:22)

Thank you MAG79, mashingan! I got the amount memory and threads to work, but memory leak 3881MB? maybe i should tune it down to 2048 or 3072? lets just see, if i can figure that out! is there way to disable memory leak 2xxxMB Warning?

Ok i made some new discoveries, I open the AVS script, it is 4096MB MaxMem, but i open the SVPManager Monitor, the limit says 3820MB, so what does this mean? i set that number on the AVS SetMemoryMax, and it the video memory leak is gone, never showed up, any ideas?

So with SVP 4, how should I go about increasing AVS-Script Max Memory? Didn't know that fixes the seek issue in MPC where it crashes if i'm forwarding or rewinding very quickly with the keyboard arrows.

12 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 15-12-2015 19:23:39)

Blackfyre wrote:

Didn't know that fixes the seek issue in MPC where it crashes if i'm forwarding or rewinding very quickly with the keyboard arrows.

I didn't know that either, but I find that I haven't been having the issue anymore with the Avisynth that is provided with recent versions of SVP4...

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:

Didn't know that fixes the seek issue in MPC where it crashes if i'm forwarding or rewinding very quickly with the keyboard arrows.

I didn't know that either, but I find that I haven't been having the issue anymore with the Avisynth that is provided with recent versions of SVP4...

Oh well I still have the issue from time to time. And I have 16GB RAM, wouldn't mind SVP using 8GB out of it really as long as it makes everything more stable.

Blackfyre
SVP can't use more than 4 GB (maximum for x86 process in x64 OS).
And it is no relation between used memory size and player hang (or crash) on rewind.