Topic: SVP 4 equivalent to CheckDeltaFPS setting, and location of settings?

So finally getting around to trying out SVP 4 pro.

I currently have 3.1.7 installed on several machines and I have things set up so that I can hand edit a copy of the 3.1.7 settings file in a folder that is synced across these machines and then copied over the proper one on boot up of each machine.

However I can't find where the settings file is stored in SVP4.

The other thing is that I rely on CheckDeltaFPS being set to a high value to suppress an annoying message box that occurs at certain times in my setup during screen resolution changes. I've written a lot of stuff up ages ago about my setup but it's basically one PC playing a Slingbox video and a second PC using a capture card to capture the output running a customised build of MPC-HC which is able to switch resolution under instruction of the first PC.

I forget the exact scenario but due to the way the screen resolutions on the two PCs change according to the Slingbox video source and the way the capture works this message used to pop up and changing that setting got rid of it.

Maybe the message doesn't exist in SVP4, but if it does then how would I suppress it?

Re: SVP 4 equivalent to CheckDeltaFPS setting, and location of settings?

> location of settings

App settings -> Additional options -> All settings
wink

> Maybe the message doesn't exist in SVP4

yeah, I believe it doesn't

Yeah I know how to find all the settings on the panel but what file or files is that saved to? So I can set it up on one PC and then copy the file to the others....

%appdata%\SVP4

5 (edited by oviano 06-12-2015 19:59:57)

Thank you very much.

Just a quick Q, Chainik: if I choose the same settings for SVP 4 as I am using for 3.1.7 am I supposed to see any difference in smoothness/artifacts/cpu usage?

Or is SVP 4 more about a more modern UI/code structure than actually improving the core motion interpolation?

It will take a little while for me to get a feel for any changes although I noticed that whereas previously the SVP index would alternate between 0.97 and 1.01 (although I don't think this caused any judder) this version seems to stay on 1.0.

right now there're no differences in the FRC engine between 3.1.7 and 4.0