1 (edited by Kuram 05-12-2015 08:01:08)

Topic: SVP 4, stuttering on panning scenes at 144 Hz monitor

Hey, first time posting, not sure what info I should be providing but here goes:

Fresh install of svp4 pro, panning shots in Anime tend to stutter quite a bit.  I have a decently powerful PC (4790k oc'ed to 4.6ghz, and a 970 graphics card)  CPU usage hovers at around 32% utilization per the control panel.

Only thing I can really say are that I have SVP set for highest quality, optimized for anime, and high artifact masking.  Anyone know any fixes for this, or what information I can provide to help narrow the issue down?

This is with MPC-HC (all the default installations from the SVP installer).  GPU utilization is 40% per msi afterburner, not exactly pushing it.  madvr renderer

forgot to mention, I have a 144hz monitor.  Maybe it's the amount of frames?  Is there a way to cap it to 60fps?

edit: yep it's the 144hz thing, I moved the mpc screen to another monitor and it was smooth as hell.  Is there a way to cap it?  It's a bit odd, since the performance doesn't spike high enough even at 144fps, it doesn't seem like it should struggle that much.

edit again: everything got fixed by manually setting the threads to 15, instead of leaving it on Auto.  Don't need help anymore, but leaving this up in case anyone else has a similar issue.

Re: SVP 4, stuttering on panning scenes at 144 Hz monitor

Kuram
Thank you for information.

Yeah.  I have a 5960x and a 980ti.  Setting cpu threads to 15 manually stopped all of my stutter issues.

Out of curiosity, when you were having issues, were V-Sync and Accurate V-Sync still enabled in MPC-HC?

Default settings, so I don't know.  Where are those settings found, I don't see them.

By the way MAG79, I would still like to know if there is a way to cap the framerate.

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 05-12-2015 22:15:48)

Kuram wrote:

By the way MAG79, I would still like to know if there is a way to cap the framerate.

I answered this question of yours in the thread with the title asking that very question:
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2839

Kuram wrote:

Default settings, so I don't know.  Where are those settings found, I don't see them.

The only way I know to access them is through the View menu:
View->Renderer Settings->Vsync

For me, it took re-enabling this (it had been disabled somehow) to get smooth anime panning even with the 15 thread fix.

VB_SVP wrote:
Kuram wrote:

The only way I know to access them is through the View menu:
View->Renderer Settings->Vsync

For me, it took re-enabling this (it had been disabled somehow) to get smooth anime panning even with the 15 thread fix.

It is checked, but greyed out (I cannot change the settings).  Assuming that means it's probably controlled by the renderer, madvr in my case.  I can't find a vsync setting in madvr though.