Topic: Is it possible to convert a video to higher FPS using SVP?

Hello,

I was just wondering if it would be possible to make a feature to convert an ordinary 30 fps video to something like 60 fps or 144 fps (outputs as another file), so that you can watch it on tablet, or a computer with very low specs that couldn't run SVP smile

thanks! smile

Re: Is it possible to convert a video to higher FPS using SVP?

http://www.spirton.com/convert-videos-to-60fps/

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 29-11-2015 20:28:29)

A similar trick is to simply re-encode and resize a video to the screensize of the other device and then save as 8bit h.264; this is particularly useful for 10bit h.264 and/or VP9 videos.

If the device in question is old enough to not have h.264 hardware decoding, then try to encode to h.263 or FLV1/Sorenson Spark instead (but make sure to use quite a high bitrate to compensate).

This works well enough, though it is a tad tedious.   The only issue with this is that it takes an eternity to process (several minutes, sometimes longer than it would to actually watch the video).  Time depends on specs and choices, of course.

VB_SVP wrote:

This works well enough, though it is a tad tedious.   The only issue with this is that it takes an eternity to process (several minutes, sometimes longer than it would to actually watch the video).  Time depends on specs and choices, of course.

Encoding takes so much resources unless u use MPEG2 high bitrate.

6 (edited by Mystery 30-11-2015 04:06:19)

The Natural Grounding Player I wrote contains a Media Encoder that allows re-encoding videos to 60fps in just a few clicks.
https://github.com/mysteryx93/NaturalGroundingPlayer

But then you have to wait for it to process.

Note that I'm currently making a lot of changes to the Media Encoder that aren't released yet, that will greatly improve quality when also upscaling videos.

I re-encode my old 288p VCDs into 60fps 720p videos that look MUCH better!

7 (edited by Fanty1972 01-12-2015 12:13:44)

VB_SVP wrote:

(several minutes, sometimes longer than it would to actually watch the video)

Yeah. I use this (but rarely) to make 60FPS videos to be watched on my smartphone.
It really is anoying to encode the stuff doing a lots of clicks and then you even need to put in the audio track with another tool.

And with my meanwhile 3 years old Laptop, it takes about 1,5 times as long as the actual video. Like 135 Minutes for a 90 minutes movie. *sigh*
Ridiculous. If one images my smartphone can film in 60FPS... but well, it possibly uses hardware encoding. Hmm.

8 (edited by Mystery 01-12-2015 17:31:46)

That's why I wrote a software that streamlines the whole process. It's VERY tedious to do manually! Especially if you want to trim borders or do other operations at the same time.

This is easier
https://github.com/mysteryx93/NaturalGr … s-to-60fps

Thanks a lot for all your answers! I'll check that out later smile