Topic: SVP 4 Pro and 3d movies

Hi smile

I just registered my license for SVP 4 and have tried it out for a few hours.
So far i am VERY satisfied with the result and it looks great smile

However, this is the issue i have always had with SVP, it does NOT play 3d movies. And by 3d movies i mean 3d blu-rays (MVC encoded MKV files).
I was hoping with the release of SVP 4 and it's multiple instances of ffdshow capabilities this would solve the problem. However it does not seem to have.
This might of course just be me that can't get it to work properly so i was hoping some devs could help me with this issue.
Everytime i start a 3d blu-ray file in Stereoscopic player, the video freezes and audio continues. This happens every time two instances of ffdshow raw video filter are in use on one movie file.
I have set the "multiple instances" setting to all open videos, and it can run two different movies running in two different video player windows just fine.

There has been much older posts talking about this such as this one http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=587 Where Chainik has explained that only 2d video can be played.

i HOPE that this is something that can be solved now that the SVP team has taken it to a whole new level. Since not being able to use SVP on my 3d blu-rays sucks! sad

Re: SVP 4 Pro and 3d movies

Right now the second ffdshow instance inside the same process is ignored in order to fix the situation when both "ffdshow video decoder" and "ffdshow raw filter" are in use at the same time.
I think we could improve this logic smile
I'll add this to the TODO list.

Made a few experiments... no good news for now.
Image in Stereoscopic player just freezes, I think because there's no way to turn on Avisynth at the same moment in both ffdshow instances.
Will keep trying...

Hmm...
Maybe (just "maybe") it will work wink

SVP 4 Pro - 4.0.0.52

+ (experimental) MVC (BD-3D) support

Hi Chainik smile

First off, i am very happy to see that you are trying to fix this <3
Unfortunately this update did non seem to fix the problem for me. I can watch 2d movies in stereoscopic player just fine with SVP running (As i do in MPC when watching 2d movies). But everytime i launch SVP on a 3d mkv file in stereoscopic player, the image freezes. sad
I have tried to make sure that both running instances of ffdshow raw video has avisynth checked. But that did not seem to change anything.
If there is ANYTHING i can do to help you, Please ask smile

Just to be sure we're on the same page - you need the latest version of Stereoscopic. I mean ver.2.4.
Previously installed 1.9.whatever was freezing for me too.

I just uninstalled and re installed Stereoscopic player so i have the newest version 2.4.2. However i was using 2.4.1 before.
Made sure there is no rescaling or cropping. Sat video decoder to raw ffdshow. Started a 2d video with SVP, works fine.
Start 3d mkv with svp, same freeze. The icon that svp is running pops up. And the screen freezes and sound continues for another 20sec.

Also. I try multiple different videos each time. To make sure its not just one video thats the issue. smile

The change log says + experimental BD-3D (MVC) support (Dev.build only)
That might be why it dosn't work for me? smile I don't have access to that i believe.

this is the correct message sequence in the Events log:

00:58:17.990 [i]: FFDShow: found second ffdshow raw filter - is it a BD-3D?
00:58:18.154 [i]: VideoPlayer: new ffdshow video [40484] in StereoPlayer.exe (32-bit) [Stereoscopic Player 2.3.0.0] on screen 0
00:58:23.420 [i]: Media: video 1920x1080 [PAR 1.000] at 23.976 fps [constant]
00:58:23.420 [i]: Media: codec type is AVC, YUV/4:2:0/8 bits
00:58:23.438 [i]: Media: set STEREO mode to MVC
00:58:23.441 [i]: Playback: starting up...
00:58:23.441 [i]: Playback [40484]: Avisynth (32-bit) version 2.6.0.5, Avisynth 2.6, C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\avisynth.dll
00:58:23.442 [i]: Playback [40484]: resulting video frame 1920x1080
00:58:23.442 [i]: Playback [40484]: 2 acceptible profiles, best is 'Copy of Automatic' [0]
00:58:23.460 [i]: Playback [40484]: enabled while video is playing
00:58:23.461 [i]: Profile: using auto values [13]
00:58:23.564 [i]: Playback: playing at 59.94 [23.976 *5/2]
00:58:23.565 [i]: Playback [40484]: frame transformations are disabled in this video player

what do you see?

http://imgur.com/LlIXgnz

13 (edited by stefanogiusio 21-11-2015 23:41:04)

I can see that my Avisynth is connected to my SysWOW64 folder. Would that cause some issues? Im thinking 32bit and 64bit compatability stuff.

Edit: Scratch that, i can see that yours is too

I have just tried on my other pc. http://imgur.com/LZG5vU5
I don't know what the line where the video player clears/saves the script before start is.

Bump smile

Start 3d mkv with svp, same freeze.

Wait. Why mkv? o_O
I thought we were talking about BD-3D like opening a .ssif file.
At least I've tested this feature with .ssif file from mounted ISO.

No. I said in my post
"it does NOT play 3d movies. And by 3d movies i mean 3d blu-rays (MVC encoded MKV files)."
I use makeMKV so to make them mkv files and watch them with stereoscopic player.
I don't know how to open an .ssif file with Stereoscopic player because it says the movie is encrypted. sad
Did you get it to work with .ssif files?

stefanogiusio wrote:

No. I said in my post
"it does NOT play 3d movies. And by 3d movies i mean 3d blu-rays (MVC encoded MKV files)."
I use makeMKV so to make them mkv files and watch them with stereoscopic player.
I don't know how to open an .ssif file with Stereoscopic player because it says the movie is encrypted. sad

The ssif file on a 3D Blu-ray is contained the BDMV folder > Stream > ssif.
If you haven't included the ssif folder when you re-encoded the Blu-ray into a MKV container, then it won't play as 3D in stereoscopic player.

Honestly I don't even know if you can make a working copy of a 3D movie with in a MKV file.

The easiest way is to make a 1 to 1 copy of a 3D movie is to use an ISO container.
After which you point Stereoscopic player to the ssif folder as mentioned above.

this's the point

The ssif file on a 3D Blu-ray is contained the BDMV folder > Stream > ssif.
If you haven't included the ssif folder when you re-encoded the Blu-ray into a MKV container, then it won't play as 3D in stereoscopic player.
Honestly I don't even know if you can make a working copy of a 3D movie with in a MKV file.

I didn't mean that i didn't know where to locate the .ssif file. My point was when i open it with stereoscopic directly from the disc, it says the media is encrypted so it won't open sad
My MVC encoded mkv videos for my blurays work just fine. They play in 3d in stereoscopic player. And 2d (just one of the image channels) in mpc hc.
I don't re-encode anything ( i believe ) i just use MakeMKV to transfer the data from the disc uncompressed, so file sizes are ~20-40gb
I don't know how to make an iso from a 3d blu ray disc. :<

And Chainik I didn't mean if that is what you were working on. But if you actually got it to work in your testing smile

In my understanding you need to just decrypt the disk and copy it onto your hard drive.
Something like this or this probably should work.

On the other side I'll try to make MKV/MVC and see if it'll work for me...

22 (edited by Jeff R 1 27-11-2015 16:55:51)

Stephanogiusio wrote:

If you're playing the disc directly just for 3D testing and you're using Stereoscopic player, then you need to have your decrypter running in the back ground.
Stereoscopic player is un-lisenced and will not play commercial Blu-ray disc with out them being decrypted first.

You created a MKV file of a Blu-ray, what decrypter did you use, MakeMKV ?

And to make an ISO of a Blu-ray disc, Imgburn is usually the preferred program, but you still need to have a decrypter running in the back ground.

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Those applications that Chainik linked you to may have the ability to create an ISO as well, but I've used Imgburn for years and it works very well.

Just checked with a sample (unencrypted) BD-3D iso.

.ssif file works in Stereoscopic while .mkv made with MadeMKV from the very same ISO hangs on start.
I really doubt we can do something about this.

===
The only difference in the filter chains between ssif and mkv is:
"MPC MPEG Source" vs "3dtv.at Matroska Source (by MPC-HC)"

Tried to replace splitter with LAV - no luck cause it doesn't support MVC.

Hi again
I got SVP to work using an iso and opening the .ssif file with stereoscopic player smile
However, it seems to be very unstable. It crashes every time i change some settings, or have it on 60fps (unless its automatic settings)
I don't have time to test it properly before tomorrow because i have the house full of people. So i will definetly report back as soon as i can!
Thanks for the work Chainik!!! big_smile

well, it can be tricky in terms of memory usage
we still have only one process with a 3 GB limit but TWO Avisynth instances running at the same time
do not push settings too high even if your CPU performance allows this, watch the memory consumption, do not set very high number of computation threads