Topic: Is the Windows 10/Nvidia issue meant to be guaranteed?

Because I don't seem to have any issues, do I and I'm not seeing them? If not why would my set up be exempt.

Re: Is the Windows 10/Nvidia issue meant to be guaranteed?

What NVIDIA driver are you using _ maybe NVIDIA fixed it ???? Probably not though...
Open MPC-HC  right cliclk and go to options > internal filters > video decoder >  choose "NVIDIA CUVID" and see if you don't have any problems.
It's probably set to "DXVA2 (copy back)" 
I believe that's the default setting.

I'm on 358.50.

It was set to DXVA2 (copy back), but if the solution to the problem is setting it to this when it should be set to it anyway it's not much of a problem is it?

4 (edited by Jeff R 1 20-11-2015 10:52:19)

It simply becomes a problem if you're in W10 and you set it to "NVIDIA CUVID"
I don't use W10 because of this, I have a few 4K video clips that work when I choose NVIDIA CUVID, when I choose DXVA2 (copy back), MPC crashes.
Don't ask me why.
And for now I won't use W10, I find it's a resource hog, if I leave the computer sit, the task manager starts ramping up, and as soon as I touch the mouse pad, the CPU usage returns to normal, so I have no idea what the hell is taking up the the CPU usage.
Windows appears to be constantly checking the itself, and I find this very annoying.
Plus there doesn't seem to be a compatible touch pad driver on this old HP HDX 18, the scroll function simply does not work on some application.
I'm just so tired of trouble shooting crap like this for Microsoft and HP _ they expect me to blow another 1000.00 dollars on a new laptop when the old one still works fine.

Well, Nvidia isn't the only game in town...

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

Well, Nvidia isn't the only game in town...

I've tried AMD, I find their control panel very difficult to navigate/things seem to be buried.
I did have a high end card from them once _ it was OK, but I just seem to be stuck on NVIDIA
I only bought the AMD card to try their Motion Flow with Power DVD _ Meh....
I returned it later for a refund.

Jeff R 1 wrote:

I think it's the problem of driver instead of W10. I've heard the driver already broken even in W7/8.1

Jeff R 1 wrote:

I have a few 4K video clips that work when I choose NVIDIA CUVID, when I choose DXVA2 (copy back), MPC crashes.

That's more like "lack of memory"? DXVA copy back is memory intensive since they're copying back the memory so it can be processed further. And does NVIDIA CUVID really works with SVP for NVIDIA newest driver?

Jeff R 1 wrote:

And for now I won't use W10, I find it's a resource hog, if I leave the computer sit, the task manager starts ramping up, and as soon as I touch the mouse pad, the CPU usage returns to normal, so I have no idea what the hell is taking up the the CPU usage.

Hmm, is that always happening? I never notice this. I'll check it later with CPU usage log info. If that's not happened in my PC, maybe you should check your PC in case of some malware.

8 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 20-11-2015 23:37:16)

Jeff R 1 wrote:

I've tried AMD, I find their control panel very difficult to navigate/things seem to be buried.

You're in luck, they're completely revamping their drivers UI within the next month!

You can see a preview of what it looks like can be found here:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9755/amd- … trol-panel

9 (edited by Jeff R 1 21-11-2015 00:46:02)

mashingan wrote:
Jeff R 1 wrote:

I think it's the problem of driver instead of W10. I've heard the driver already broken even in W7/8.1

Jeff R 1 wrote:

I have a few 4K video clips that work when I choose NVIDIA CUVID, when I choose DXVA2 (copy back), MPC crashes.

That's more like "lack of memory"? DXVA copy back is memory intensive since they're copying back the memory so it can be processed further. And does NVIDIA CUVID really works with SVP for NVIDIA newest driver?

Jeff R 1 wrote:

Hmm, is that always happening? I never notice this. I'll check it later with CPU usage log info. If that's not happened in my PC, maybe you should check your PC in case of some malware.

I'm using NVIDIA CUVID right now with my GTX 980,  Intels 4770K slightly overclocked to 4 Ghz. and Gigs of RAM _ works great, the processor and video card are not working very hard at all.
I initially got the 980 for dmitrirender and that application does make the 980 work _ it uses around 82% of the cards resources and that number is always changing depending on how complicated a given scene is in a movie when it comes to FI.
Also note that I rolled back to W7 from 8.1, but I never had a problem with either of those with the latest NVIDIA driver.
In the end if it works, I leave it alone, I have no intention of installing W10 _ I like to watch my movies, not have to tinker around with a problematic OS/driver problems.
Hopefully by the time W7 is no longer supported, they will have the bugs ironed out. "They" refers to Intel and NVIDIA.

As for a virus, maybe, but highly unlikely, it's just an HP HDX that I use in the kitchen. This machine gets the new stuff installed _ I use it as the experimentation computer, if it gets screwed up I don't care much if it does, there's nothing of any value on the hard drive. But if W10 can't even function on it, I'm not about to install it on my HTPC. I just don't have the patience any more to trouble shoot buggy new operating systems and piss poor written drivers.