1 (edited by TayyabKhalid 13-11-2015 17:31:26)

Topic: Please help me frame drops while using SVP 4 PRO

I'm getting frame drops on SVP 4 like down to almost 40 when playing my videos in 1080p, but while using 720p I get solid 60fps no frame drops. SVP 3 can handle both 60fps on 1080 or 720 without frame drops but svp 4 can't for some odd reason, please help me, and tell me what you need to decipher the problem!
Thank you!

Re: Please help me frame drops while using SVP 4 PRO

maybe hardware video decoding is turned off?

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 13-11-2015 18:08:10)

First off, try the following three things...

1. In LAVfilters, set your decoder to "DXVA2 (copy-back)"

2. In MPC-HC, enable "D3D Fullscreen" or in MadVR enable "use Direct3D 11 for presentation"

3. In SVP, manually set processing threads to at least 7

If step 3 solved the issue, then you may want to try undoing the changes stated in steps 1 and 2 (assuming you didn't already have those options set that way).

4 (edited by TayyabKhalid 13-11-2015 19:40:46)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

First off, try the following three things...

1. In LAVfilters, set your decoder to "DXVA2 (copy-back)"

2. In MPC-HC, enable "D3D Fullscreen" or in MadVR enable "use Direct3D 11 for presentation"

3. In SVP, manually set processing threads to at least 7

If step 3 solved the issue, then you may want to try undoing the changes stated in steps 1 and 2 (assuming you didn't already have those options set that way).

I forgot to mention I use PotPlayer and not MP-HC, also I don't use MadVR my PC is not good enough.
Thanks I will try that, and report back! smile

Chainik wrote:

maybe hardware video decoding is turned off?

Yeah, maybe it is, but I dont know where I find that option, so could you please help me to guide to it? smile

TayyabKhalid
Have you tried to play it with MPC-HC?
I observed playing in PotPlayer has heavier CPU usage more than MPCs variant with the same setting.

Also, regardless whether you're installing MadVR or not, the default MPC setup for renderer is EVR CP, cmiiw.

Still not working, can someone please give me other way to fix this stupid problem? sad

8 (edited by mashingan 14-11-2015 23:59:06)

TayyabKhalid

Do use the same profile setting between 720p and 1080p? It's same when you used SVP 3.1.7 too?

I have same case with you, so I use different setting between 720p and 1080p with 1080p is lower than 720p setting.

Oh, have you tried to use with MPC?