1 (edited by tingtong5 12-11-2015 13:59:34)

Topic: Howto "reset" profile to autodetected settings from performance check?

Hi,

I created a new profile (I prefer 1.5m instead of adaptive) in SVP4 and played around with the settings in that profile.

Now I would like to revert the settings of my self created 1.5m profile to those determined best from the perfomance check. How can I do this? Just run the performance check again?

Best regards,

Ronald

Re: Howto "reset" profile to autodetected settings from performance check?

Uhhh, just delete the profile?  Should be simple enough, or am I missing something here?

Ok let me explain a little better what I am trying to ask ;-)

When creating a profile it copies settings from the automatic profile. However, I already changed the slider (better performance vs better quality) so this I assume, changed the settings of the automatic profile.
After doing a performance assessment again  the slider stays at the same position. So, how do I get a new profile based on settings that were determined from the first performance assessment (before I started changing the position of the slider)?

Seems like we really need User Manual ASAP big_smile

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 26-12-2015 22:24:01)

tingtong5 wrote:

So, how do I get a new profile based on settings that were determined from the first performance assessment (before I started changing the position of the slider)?

I don't think you can...I believe the slider is purely based on the current performance assessment.  The only way to use settings independent of the current performance assessment is to use the manual profile configuration, which isn't really that difficult.

Basically leave the settings at their default except for the following 4 settings if you need more performance (start with the first setting and then only go to the next one if you need still need even more performance):

Motion vectors precision
Motion vectors grid
SVP Shader
SVP interpolation mode

The only exception is that you may want to manually set the SVP shader to "Sharp (anime)" for traditional non-CGI animated content.

For really low-end systems (read: 10 year old dual-core PCs without GPU acceleration), you need to mix and match the settings to get optimal smoothness, like using 1m + standard + 16px rather than adaptive + sharp + 28px (the latter being what SVP's automatic options would use - see this thread).

Conversely, if you want to increase smoothness, simply increase the values for those 4 same settings, but in the exact opposite order (so change "interpolation mode" first, then "Shader", etc).

You may want to mix and match a bit though since some of the options at higher settings (like shader set to "Complicated" or vectors grid set to "8px") can give quite a few artifacts depending on the video ("Complicated" is bad for lower resolutions, thin lines, and sometimes lower framerates; "8px" becomes progressively worse the higher the video resolution is).

And again, you may want to use "Sharp (anime)" for anime and the like regardless of your performance.

6 (edited by tingtong5 13-11-2015 14:43:44)

Thanks a lot for explaining! :-) One more question though, what exactly do you mean by "more performance" ? More smoothness? Less artifacts? Less cpu usage?

tingtong5 wrote:

Less cpu usage?

I mean that.  For example, "Motion vectors precision" has a large impact on the CPU but minimal impact on smoothness.

tingtong5 wrote:

Thanks a lot for explaining! :-) One more question though, what exactly do you mean by "more performance" ? More smoothness? Less artifacts? Less cpu usage?

Totally clear now, thanks a lot!! :-)