Topic: 4k/60fps videos playing at 38 fps with medium-low cpu usage

Hi there. I use the software from svp 4 pack pro (mpc, reclock, madvr, lav), but this problem is with or without svp enabled.

I have just one issue. My 4k natural 60fps videos (such as those that can be downloaded from youtube), like bigbuckbunny 4k60fps, firestrike from 3dmark, starcitizen-piecesofeight from youtube....... does not play at 60 fps, but to sth as 38 fps.. the audio is okay (60fps) but the video is slow (40 fps). interesting is that nor videocard, not cpu, memory... anything is being used that much, its been only at 40% usage.

I use MPC-HC x86, reclock, mad-vr, lav filters (dxva (copy-back))... i tried to use custom video renderer, system default video and audio, but none were good.

Is there a way to use more cpu to make this videos flow at 60fps? I tried to raise the threads from lav filters, but nothing happened.

Thank you

By the way, changing the subject, svp4 pro rocks!!!!!!!! its awesome.

Re: 4k/60fps videos playing at 38 fps with medium-low cpu usage

What current hardware: CPU, GPU, monitor?
What 4k video (give a link)?

Hi MAG79!.............. look how weird!

download the video
http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html                    download native render size (4000x2250 pixels), 60fps

SVP ON + dxva copy back - 38 fps
svp disabled + dxva copy back - 38 fps
svp exited + dxva copy back 47 fps (there IS DIFFERENCE between disabling and exiting svp!!!???!!! why is that?)
svp exited + NVIDIA CUVID 60 fps (okay!)

conclusion... dxva copy back is not equal to nvidia cuvid, but worse.
conclusion 2 ... svp disabled is not truly disabled......

thks

MAG79 wrote:

What current hardware: CPU, GPU, monitor?
What 4k video (give a link)?

cpu fx-8370 4 ghz stock frequency
gigabyte 970a-u3dp motherboard
nvidia geforce gtx 960 4gb video card
monitor... hum... 32'' TV 1080p 60hz LG

svp disabled is not truly disabled

svp is disabled if avisynth is unchecked and should be unchecked if "temporarily disable svp" is on

Chainik wrote:

svp disabled is not truly disabled

svp is disabled if avisynth is unchecked and should be unchecked if "temporarily disable svp" is on

I understand that the videos are not converted anymore to a high frame rate when svp is disabled... the only problem is that svp affects the performance of heavy videos when opened, even in background, even disabled... don't ask why hehe....

there're TWO different ways to "disable SVP"

1. "disable svp" in the main menu
2. uncheck "do frame rate conversion" in the Control panel

in case 2 SVP will continue to transform video frame according to settings in "Video frame" section
in your case - resize 4K to 1080p

You forgot the third way - right click on the SVP tray icon and close SVP.

Roberto Rossi, does this issue occur even when SVP is completely closed?

Nintendo Maniac 64

Roberto Rossi wrote:

svp exited + dxva copy back 47 fps
svp exited + NVIDIA CUVID 60 fps (okay!)

Roberto Rossi
I try all HW decoders (CUVID, Quicksync, DXVA2 copy-back and DXVA2 native) in LAV Video Decoder. And I try All DXVA-compatible renderers.
I can get ideal 60 fps playback with DXVA2 native HW decoder and EVR renderer. I need to disable ffdShow in external filters tab of MPC to get work of DXVA2 native.
So, I think it is difficult to my system to decoder 4K, to copy 4K@60fps stream to RAM, and to send it back to Graphic card.

My spec:Core i5-3570K (HD Graphics 4000) + GeForce GTX 660 Ti + FullHD (not 4K) monitors.

Not sure this is related or not.

When I was experimenting with various SVPFlow setting, there was a time that the performance got better after making the "Buffer back/ahead" in ffdshow bigger.
I'm using 20/20 now, the default was 10/10.

Of course, the problem could be incorrect thread value, like Keis' problem, http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 587#p54587

MAG79 wrote:

I try all HW decoders (CUVID, Quicksync, DXVA2 copy-back and DXVA2 native) in LAV Video Decoder. And I try All DXVA-compatible renderers.

I agree with this, in particular I get the best performance with QuickSync + D3D Fullscreen for videos larger than 1080p.

MAG79 wrote:

Roberto Rossi
I can get ideal 60 fps playback with DXVA2 native HW decoder and EVR renderer. I need to disable ffdShow in external filters tab of MPC to get work of DXVA2 native.
So, I think it is difficult to my system to decoder 4K, to copy 4K@60fps stream to RAM, and to send it back to Graphic card.

My spec:Core i5-3570K (HD Graphics 4000) + GeForce GTX 660 Ti + FullHD (not 4K) monitors.

Hello........... finally the site is on! good!
actually, mag79... I discovered that I just use the maximum performance of dxva2 (60 fps) when I disable ffdshow in external filters... when using NVIDIA CUVID, the video ran at 60 fps with ffdshow raw video filter enabled.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

I agree with this, in particular I get the best performance with QuickSync + D3D Fullscreen for videos larger than 1080p.

I think maybe the performance from nvidia cuvid and dxva2 are similar... with ffdshow disabled....

Roberto Rossi wrote:
svp exited + dxva copy back 47 fps (ffdshow enabled)
svp exited + NVIDIA CUVID 60 fps (okay!) (ffdshow enabled)
svp exited + dxva copy back/native 60 fps (ffdshow disabled)<<<<<<<