Topic: SVP 4 current build status ?

Hi i've received the news from indiegogo, before upgrading i would like to know what's currently missing from svp 3, it looks SVPLight is not yet implemented right ?
Anything else ?

Is it possible to use GPU acceleration on SVP4 with newest nvidia drivers in win10 or still is a no go ?

Thanks

Re: SVP 4 current build status ?

Also is it possible to have both versions co-exists in the same computer or do i have to uninstall ?

Is there a sort of "profile import" for my current settings ?

thanks

I'll answer, dev's probably have their hands full right about now! There's no import profile but they can coexist, SVP installs in a separate directory from SVP 4, it's like an entirely different program. I even had them running at the same time which is not supposed to happen... (or at least it wasn't before).

In the email I received which you literally just read as well it says this:

The next stop is to update external apps like SVPtube and SVPlight and integrate them into SVP's Control panel, and the next big step will be a Linux version. So please stay tuned wink

tigerman wrote:

Is it possible to use GPU acceleration on SVP4 with newest nvidia drivers in win10 or still is a no go ?

AFAIK this issue is something that is purely on Nvidia's side of things and not SVP.  Basically Nvidia really dropped the ball on Windows 10 drivers, especially compared to AMD and Intel's Win10 drivers.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
tigerman wrote:

AFAIK this issue is something that is purely on Nvidia's side of things and not SVP.  Basically Nvidia really dropped the ball on Windows 10 drivers, especially compared to AMD and Intel's Win10 drivers.

Really?? I didn't know it was that bad! Good thing I didn't switch yet...

Has Nvidia Acknowledged the issue? If not we may be able to get attention if we all file bug reports. Make a sticky here and in doom9 to start filing about it. That should get their ass in gear very quickly.

If not we may be able to get attention if we all file bug reports.

Good point wink

There was one attempt to post a message on their support forum and the message was quickly disappeared big_smile possibly because the link to SVP was assumed as a spam, I don't know...
And this's not a SVP's-only issue, madshi also complained about it on doom9...

So, just turn off CUVID decoder in LAV and you'll be fine.

Chainik wrote:

So, just turn off CUVID decoder in LAV and you'll be fine.

Well then just switch it to DXVA2 (copy-back) or, if you have an Intel CPU with an iGPU made since 2011, you could use Intel QuickSync.

So SVP actually will work with CUVID?  I'd heard that it automatically copies back the decoded video, but I'd only used DXVA copy-back, per the instructions.

It's a decoder's job to make a copy-back...