1 (edited by kraag 31-10-2015 04:24:42)

Topic: SVP 3.1.7 Script error

Hello, I've been using SVP for a couple of years now with no problems until recently. I upgraded Java to the latest version, updated SVP to 317 [was on 316] and also use the latest Klite mega codec pack.

This also happens now with version 3.1.6 [I have tried uninstalling everything involved and reinstalling, but no go.]

I read something in the SVP wiki about virus scanners false positive, I tried adding the AVS folder to exclusions but it did not help.

I have attached a log file.

one error message I am getting is along the top of the MPC-HC screen, says:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Import: Couldn't open "C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1\AVS\ffdshow.avs"(ffdshow_filter_avisynth_script, line 4)

Message along the bottom of MPCHC screen:
---------------------------------------------------------
SVP: Error preparing smooth playback
Script error

Another small windows pops up saying,
----------------------------------------------------
   Error preparing smooth playback! Script error:
   C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP\SVPMgr.wsf(15, 2) WScript.CreateObject:
   Could not create object named "Scripting.FileSystemObject".

C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP\SVPMgr.wsf(30, 2) Microsoft JScript runtime
   error: Object doesn't support this property or method.

I'd like to note that there are settings in the ProgramData folder AND in the appdata/roaming folder. The ffdshow.avs file in the ProgramData folder keeps disappearing after the error comes up.

Post's attachments

LastErrorLog.txt 2.99 kb, 477 downloads since 2015-10-31 

Re: SVP 3.1.7 Script error

Try This http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2761

Doesn't work unfortunately. I also tried reinstalling SVP for current user only which did not work, and also tried the Windows Script Host fix in the SVP FAQ which also did not work.

Is it possible someone could run through the correct install procedure for the latest versions of K-Lite Full (which inlcludes MPC-HC and ffdshow) and SVP 3.1.7 ? Or can verify the way I have installed them?

1 - Install K-lite Full 1155 + 1156 update
  Using Internal LAV filters and software playback mode instead of DXVA2 [I use an I7 2600k and have never had a problem using MPC-HC/SVP with this setting in the past]
  Using EVR custom presenter and have added ffdshow raw video filter with preferred merit.
2 - Install SVP 3.1.7 Core. I never bothered using GPU acceleration in SVP menu, I saw no quality increase over software only.

When the first SVP 3.1.7 came out, there was error too. The hot-fix already released.

But since the download link is not available anymore, I thought it has been included in 3.1.7 installer.
In case the hot-fix hasn't been included, download this here, sendspace's link.
Just cut/copy all file in hot-fix and paste it in SVP folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949140

Coming from you it would be illogical for me not to try this suggestion, however reading through that web page tells me that bug is not for the version of windows I am running (7).

Should I still continue with your suggestion regardless, if so, which version should I use?

Try this part of that KB article:

You are running a 64-bit version of the Windows operating system, and you receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section while you are using the 32-bit scripting components
Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
Type %systemroot%\syswow64\regsvr32 %systemroot%\syswow64\vbscript.dll, and then press ENTER.
Type %systemroot%\syswow64\regsvr32 %systemroot%\syswow64\jscript.dll, and then press ENTER.
Type %systemroot%\syswow64\regsvr32 %systemroot%\syswow64\dispex.dll, and then press ENTER.
Type %systemroot%\syswow64\regsvr32 %systemroot%\syswow64\scrobj.dll, and then press ENTER.
Type %systemroot%\syswow64\regsvr32 %systemroot%\syswow64\scrrun.dll, and then press ENTER.
Type %systemroot%\syswow64\regsvr32 %systemroot%\syswow64\wshext.dll, and then press ENTER.
Type %systemroot%\syswow64\regsvr32 %systemroot%\syswow64\wshom.ocx, and then press ENTER.

9 (edited by kraag 31-10-2015 20:01:58)

Thanks for the reply Chainik, I'm having trouble registering the last two files there, to do with Windows Script Host. I get this error for both files,

RegSvr32
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The module "c:\windows\syswow64\wshext.dll" was
loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with
error code 0x80040201

For more information about this problem, search
online using the error code as a search term.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

That last part is a slap in the face from Micro$oft. Can't even give me a link to their own support site.

I am continuing to try to solve this problem...

kraag, same exact issue here (ffdshow_filter_avisynth_script, line 4) and so forth... The 2 components (wshom.ocx and wshext.dll) are there but attempts to register them fail with "The module wshext.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with the error code 0x80040201" Attempts to deregister them (regsvr32 /u wshext.dll) pass without error. While searching forums for the registration error I discovered 2 folks with the same issue. Both were windows 7 64-bit and both had previously uninstalled the factory installed McAfee A/V (as is the case here). Neither had a solution nor did I find others. FYI: sfc /scannow came up clean. I opened cmd as administrator.

Well now, I actually just un-installed a McAfee product [real time scanner] before all this happened. I am running W7 x64 also.

Thanks for the extra variables to think about, it helps.

Like a junkie on the streets, I am continuing my search for a fix...

12 (edited by MistahBonzai 02-11-2015 01:26:58)

kraag wrote:

Well now, I actually just un-installed a McAfee product [real time scanner] before all this happened. I am running W7 x64 also.

I reindexed windows as someone had suggested in a similar situation (no idea why but some folks said it 'fixed' their issue with registration errors). Just to make sure I ran (reran?) the McAfee product removal tool (MCPR.exe). It completed without incident but still no joy sad

Want to try Microsoft Fix It?

Unfortunately it doesn't run on Windows 10.

14 (edited by MistahBonzai 02-11-2015 02:37:45)

kraag wrote:

Thanks for the extra variables to think about, it helps.

Like a junkie on the streets, I am continuing my search for a fix...

I had almost forgotten how/what was giving me the "Couldn't open ""C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1\AVS\ffdshow.avs""(ffdshow_filter_avisynth_script, line 4)" and so forth so I fiddled a bit and recreated the error. It occurs with some (maybe all) .flv files.

A bit of background: The reason I was kinda hazy about it was I normally run SVP via AviSynth in the ffdshow raw video filter. I stumbled on the issue when a .flv file cashed MPC-HC hard and kicked me to the crash dump web page. It played fine without the SVP AviSynth script.

Eventually I tried to run the .flv file in the SVP manager and got the ..avisynth_script, line 4 error pop-up along with the message overlay in the player. Some files that hang SVP (with that error) will play via the AviSynth in the ffdshow raw video filter method. It was a p0rn sample I saved strictly for testing purposes you understand wink  It was 29.970/x264 core that I suspected started life as a 23.976 and I was having reclock issues that I thought might be connected to it. I fixed reclock by dumping the database. The file still errored out but I put it on the back burner until I saw your post.

No joy yet. I'm on the cusp of re-installing a new OS.

I can trace this problem back to using either TRON [https://www.reddit.com/r/TronScript] or one of its included malware cleaning tools. It had something to do with resetting changed Windows settings back to their defaults.