Topic: Playing videos at 70 fps?

How can I change the fps settings?

Re: Playing videos at 70 fps?

iamthedutchguy wrote:

How can I change the fps settings?

What SVP version are you running?

If you're running SVP 4, you have to wait until the full version is out.

If you're using 3.1.7 then you can do it. Right click, make sure it's Interface Type is in Expert mode. Then right click again, go to Screen Selection, click Force, then select “Specify Custom Screen Refresh
Rate
” and write 70.

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 24-10-2015 21:40:21)

Blackfyre wrote:

Not true; SVP 4 Free will always try to match what your screen refresh rate for videos that have a source framerate lower than 48fps. All you need to do is run your display at 70Hz and SVP will automatically interpolate at 70fps.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:

Not true; SVP 4 Free will always try to match what your screen refresh rate for videos that have a source framerate lower than 48fps. All you need to do is run your display at 70Hz and SVP will automatically interpolate at 70fps.

Yeah I made the assumption that he doesn't have a 70Hz refresh rate monitor... He has a higher refresh rate monitor running at 120Hz or 144Hz but he can't achieve that FPS and wants to lock it to 70FPS (for whatever reason).

Otherwise his question wouldn't even make sense to begin with, if he had a 70Hz monitor, SVP should be running @ 70 FPS anyway.

tongue

I actually figured it was a display that was overclocked from 60Hz that wasn't able to reach 72Hz since, if you have a display capable of 144Hz or 120Hz, why not use 72Hz or 75Hz rather than 70Hz?

If it is an overclocked display, one trick you could do to actually reach 72Hz is to reduce only the vertical resolution by a bit and have MPC-HC or SVP or whatever set to crop off the top and bottom slightly, but not by enough that it'd really be noticable.  For example, if you have a 1920x1080 display that maxes out at 70Hz with that resolution, a custom resolution of 1920x1056 could very well be enough to run at 72Hz (dropping the vertical resolution by only 2% was all I needed to run my monitor at 96Hz rather than 94Hz).

All you need to do is run your display at 70Hz and SVP will automatically interpolate at 70fps.

I actually figured it was a display that was overclocked from 60Hz that wasn't able to reach 72Hz

Does this mean his display already 70Hz but SVP cannot playing it at 70 fps?

7 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 25-10-2015 06:40:50)

mashingan wrote:

Does this mean his display already 70Hz but SVP cannot playing it at 70 fps?

We don't really know for sure, there are just several possibilities.  For one it's possible that s/he's playing something that has a framerate of at least 48fps which I'm not sure SVP 4 Free will even interpolate...

8 (edited by dlr5668 26-10-2015 00:02:56)

You can always use reduced lines in CRU:
https://api.monosnap.com/rpc/file/download?id=iULRWCe2bBzxKDDQ4Jd4e8emKvYFek
I tested it on 2 monitors.

dlr5668 wrote:

You can always use reduced lines in CRU

Already using reduced since my laptop isn't even compatible with custom resolutions unless I use that.

10 (edited by cookieboyeli 29-10-2015 11:40:50)

dlr5668 wrote:

You can always use reduced lines in CRU

Already using reduced since my laptop isn't even compatible with custom resolutions unless I use that.

Reduce the other values even further and you can extend your overclock. I can get to 120, but it looks washed out and there is some seriously massive image retention. The difference is minimal. I would use it for gaming, but there are still artifacts despite my massive anaconda like DVI cable, and high quality power brick with wattage to spare and stable output. I'm thinking of taking off the frame and putting copper heatsinks on the PCB. Perhaps that will help...
https://i.imgur.com/i6IvxFy.png