1 (edited by SatisfyingCrunch 12-10-2015 15:57:46)

Topic: madvr fullscreen dropped frames

using 0.89 madvr, as soon as i enter fullscreen, frames will start dropping at about 50 per second. In windows mode playback is fine and no frames are dropping at all. reverting back 0.87 solves the issue. Using new SVP4 btw. anyone else encountering this and any ideas how to fix this? i also have "enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode" unchecked. Using Potplayer and lav.

Re: madvr fullscreen dropped frames

If your SVP index is about 1.0, then the problem is in madvr (or GPU to be precise).
If rolling back to older version solved it, then it's madvr's performance regression.

You can install newest madvr but I suggest to reduce the madvr setting to the point your GPU can handle both SVP and madvr.

mashingan wrote:

I suggest to reduce the madvr setting to the point your GPU can handle both SVP and madvr.

If you have both integrated and discrete graphics, it would be wise to try having SVP on the integrated and MadVR on the discrete.

@Mashingan
Thanks, SVP index was indeed still about 1.0, reducing image doubling helped bring my frames back.

@Nintendo Maniac 64
How do you use both integrated and discrete?

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 13-10-2015 01:03:21)

SatisfyingCrunch wrote:

How do you use both integrated and discrete?

Just have the drivers for both installed - assuming that you're not using Vista, the OS should handle this fine (no guarantees though).  If you're using an AMD APU + AMD GPU, then the Catalyst drivers should be able to detect both.

I think you can see the CPU/GPU usage in potplayer. You can reduce the madvr settings if the usage is higher than 85~90%.

It's easier then all of you think.

Only have to do is check the D3D fullscreen mode in MPC HC.

View/Renderer settings/Presentation/D3D Fullscreen Mode checked