1 (edited by kibumm 05-10-2015 11:08:23)

Topic: SVP doesn't need a high spec!

I had a misunderstand in SVP that is SVP needs a high spec.

When I sold my desktop (i7-4790k with 280X), I thought I can't enjoy 1080p 24f to 60f anymore sad.

And now, I'm enjoying 1080p 60f fluently by using i7-3630MQ with 750M(for laptop) big_smile.

also, I'm waiting SVP 4 happily.

Oh, I have a question in SVP 4.

The question Is SVP 4 will support SLI system? (I'm using 750M *2)

Of course, It's okay if it will not support it. Thank you SVP!

Re: SVP doesn't need a high spec!

kibumm wrote:

Oh, I have a question in SVP 4.
The question Is SVP 4 will support SLI system? (I'm using 750M *2)
Of course, It's okay if it will not support it. Thank you SVP!

Svp doesnt need powerfull gpu. But 2 video cards are always nice. You can use madvr on 1st and svp + decoder on 2nd.

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 05-10-2015 18:56:43)

kibumm wrote:

I had a misunderstand in SVP that is SVP needs a high spec.

i7-3630MQ with 750M(for laptop)

You've still kind of misunderstood.  SVP loves a fast CPU with many threads, and even your laptop CPU is a 4core/8thread Ivy Bridge architecture CPU (currently the 3rd/4th fastest x86 architecture per-GHz)

The GPU is much less important - heck SVP would likely be fine with the Intel integrated GPU on that i7 (I know SVP is fine with the iGPU on my Pentium G3258).

Maybe, but fast GPUs do seem to help SVP to some extent. If you look through the SVPMark database, rigs with an R9 Fury will get higher scores than, say, a rig with a 770 and similar CPUs.

High scores in SVPmark is something like 300 fps vs. 250 fps and you don't need fps higher than 144 in a real life smile

Chainik wrote:

High scores in SVPmark is something like 300 fps vs. 250 fps and you don't need fps higher than 144 in a real life smile

Maybe, but if you throw higher quality SVP settings, 1080p video, MadVR, and a 1440p/4k screen into the mix, it brings the fps down tongue

Just to be clear, MadVR processes frames after SVP generates the extra ones, right? Even with an overclocked 4670k/7950, I've had some trouble playing 1080p video on my 1440p/110hz screen, which would mean MadVR is taxing my GPU too much.

brucethemoose wrote:

Well for one thing, that's "only" a quad core without SMT.  Again, SVP loves having lots of CPU threads.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
brucethemoose wrote:

Well for one thing, that's "only" a quad core without SMT.  Again, SVP loves having lots of CPU threads.

Even the fake threads from hyperthreading/SMT?

9 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 12-10-2015 23:10:03)

VB_SVP wrote:

Even the fake threads from hyperthreading/SMT?

Admittedly I've never tested it myself, but I do believe that this is the case.  It won't be as much of a boost as a full core would be, but it should still help.