1 (edited by redlid 10-09-2015 04:49:17)

Topic: Is the DVD-menus ever going to work in SVP

...in 64bit Windows 10?

afaik it only works at 32bit Win7 which is kinda obscure along SVP users.

Re: Is the DVD-menus ever going to work in SVP

So DVD menus not really working in SVP, often causing the player to crash, is actually normal?

Okay been testing this. They actually works 99% of situations finally. smile

redlid wrote:

Okay been testing this. They actually works 99% of situations finally. smile

I just tried it yesterday with both a physical DVD and an ISO of the same DVD and SVP 3.1.7 & SVP 4 still cause MPC-HC to crash on DVD menus, or it won't display them but will play any menu audio.

If I'm lucky the menu will work and display properly if I let MPC play all the ads (instead of pressing ALT + R to skip to root menu) but too often that leads to me just sitting through the ads and warnings for a still nonfunctional menu.

I don't know about you, but for me, DVDs don't play well with SVP at all. Not just the menus, but the actual videos keep skipping frames.

No point in supporting DVD menus until DVD videos are supported smile

SVP works descent for me at least in actual videos if i pick a low thread in the "Processing threads" in the GUI.
Just remember to set it back to auto when watching hi res video wink

I say decent because the interlacing and telecining issue we have with most DVD's not being 23fps or 24fps, and we are probably going to have to wait until the fabled vaporsynth integration in madvr before we have a good solution for that, so we can pre deinterlace and run madvr's film mode before SVP to get rid of the extra frames and get a good solid smooth 24fps for SVP to work with and interpolate.

I guess SVP could do this on its own also like do DXVA hardware deinterlace, but i know the developers doesn't care for interlaced content and most movies are available on BluRay nowadays anyway so i understand their position on this.

SamE
You can use HW deinterlace before SVP by enabling it in LAV Filters. wink

MAG79 wrote:

SamE
You can use HW deinterlace before SVP by enabling it in LAV Filters. wink

How?  The only option I see for that in the LAV settings requires either Nvidia GPU or Intel QS.  LAV/FFDshow software deinterlacing is still problematic.

Mystery wrote:

I don't know about you, but for me, DVDs don't play well with SVP at all. Not just the menus, but the actual videos keep skipping frames.

No point in supporting DVD menus until DVD videos are supported smile

If you don't have enough power to play dvd:s from disc, then try to make them a solid copy to your hard drive to free some extra power from your computer.