Topic: SVP 4 Technical Preview Impression

Hi Devs & Everyone:

I was not aware that SVP 4 Technical Preview was made public since 08/08/2015 for everyone (I was under the impression that only co-authors had access). I have to say I am extremely impressed with its performance and stability even at such an early stage and with minimal settings to play around with.

Brilliant work guys. Really looking forward to future updates + the full version later in the year.

My Specs:

CPU: 4790K @ 4.7Ghz
GPU: HD 7970 OC
RAM: 2133Mhz @ 11-12-12-34-CR2

For anyone else who was also in a similar situation and was not aware that it was publicly available, and has been for over a month, I have included the link below:

Scroll-Down to the Installation Section and click on "SVP 4 Technical Preview" - Follow the instructions (install it in a new folder and do not run it simultaneously with any other versions of SVP).

https://www.svp-team.com/w/index.php?ti … al_Preview

Re: SVP 4 Technical Preview Impression

Is there a way to get the preview to stop nagging me to buy the full version?  I already have lol.

I really don't like how there are no video options on this version, just a slider with a 60 percentage-point range between performance and quality.  It's"SVP for Dummies" sad

So far, it hasn't been arbitrarily stopping like 3.1.7 was for me but it does have more artifacts.  sad

On the contrary... For me SVP 4 Technical Preview has performed better, with less CPU usage, and with so many less artifacts, I am amazed by it (I do not watch ANIME though, so I'm not sure if that is experiencing more artifacts).

The options will unlock with the public release of SVP 4 this month, and then later when the FULL Version is released it will have all the expert options that you need. So we're looking forward to it.

The slider for dummies is a brilliant idea. I can finally recommend this app to my friends when the full version comes out without me having to drive over to their place and set it up for them tongue

I still don't know what will be the difference in functionality between svp 3.1.7 and the new free svp 4 coming soon? 

At the moment I use the crop black bars with Outer lightning  option. Will this still be possible in the free svp 4 version or is that only available in the full version? Can I add additional video profiles like in 3.1.7?