Topic: Script Error: there is not function named SetMTMode

This is the error I get when playing a video with SVP.  This is a new machine, I am installing aeverythign right now

script error: there is no function name "SetMTMode"
(C\users\me\AppData\Roaming\SVP\avs\fdshow.avs, line 27
ffdshow_filter_avisynth_script, line 4)

What to do?

I've installed Lav Cuvid, Lav splitter, and SVP and COreavc and ffdshow from the SVP package install

Re: Script Error: there is not function named SetMTMode

For some reason SVP can't overwrite "avisynth.dll" located in Windows\System32 (or Windows\SysWOW64 on x64) with the one from "Program Files\SVP\Distr\MT".
Try to copy it yourself.

It works.

Can you provide a guideline/recommendations on how to increase the quality?  I still have headroom and I would like to push the settings up.  Wh

I'm on a 133" projector screen.  Any advice? I'm sure others would like to know more about how to improve overall PQ

Try increasing the searchparam values (not sure what the GUI option for that is, though)

Chainik wrote:

For some reason SVP can't overwrite "avisynth.dll" located in Windows\System32 (or Windows\SysWOW64 on x64) with the one from "Program Files\SVP\Distr\MT".
Try to copy it yourself.

Hi, I had the same error as the original poster, and following this advice I copied avisynth.dll from the SVP folder (BTW, it was in "resources\MT", not in "Distr\MT") to c:\windows\system32.

Now the error message is gone, however, I don't see any improvements in playback. When I play a video file (using MPC HC from K-lite codec pack 8.8.0), SVP Manager icon just sits in the tray saying "Waiting for ffdshow video".

I tried reinstalling K-lite, setting "ffdshow" wherever I could, but this did not change the situation. How do I make sure SVP actually works?

KPbICMAH

show the actual filters list ("Play" -> "Filters")

How do I make sure SVP actually works?
by green tray icon

p.s. k-lite is a bad thing

KPbICMAH
Just reinstall SVP. All right settings will be restored automatically.

8 (edited by KPbICMAH 13-06-2012 14:56:45)

Downloading the full 3.1.2 version now.

k-lite is a bad thing

But it does contain all the same components as SVP, doesn't it?

UPD: Do I have to install all the extras if I already have them (from K-lite)?

KPbICMAH
Do I have to install all the extras if I already have them (from K-lite)?
No. You can choose. The main part of settings restore is included in installer and not depend on checkboxes of components.

KPbICMAH
But it does contain all the same components as SVP, doesn't it?

yep, but it installs them with no one knows what settings
directshow filters is an easy thing to break

K-Lite is still very useful to have all the necessary codecs to play various video files. BUT, I installed K-Lite BASIC to not have duplicate MPC-HC/madVR, and install it BEFORE installing SVP.