1 (edited by VB_SVP 10-08-2015 06:44:43)

Topic: Double Frame Rate?

Why doesn't "Target Frame Rate: To Screen Refresh Rate (default)" turn 30 FPS video into 60 FPS video?

Re: Double Frame Rate?

VB_SVP
30 FPS videos of 24 FPS source material
How it was transcoded? Telecined 2:3 pulldown?
If yes then you need to get 24 fps by using IVTC algo.

all 30 FPS video I've tested, will not interpolate anything when it is set to "target frame rate: to screen refresh rate", instead it says 3o FPS * (1:1) = 30 FPS
It is strange. Can you show additional info just after playing video with setting "to screen refresh rate": SVP tray menu - Information - Additional information?

How do I get 30->60 frame interpolation?
I think you need more complicated chain:
30 -IVTC-> 24 -interpolation-> 60

---
Sorry. You are change your question. What is wrong with framedoubling?

Question changed because video is 30 FPS but it must have been made from 24 FPS content so double frame rate seems very jerky.  How can this be fixed?

Large amounts of repeated frames in the video file drag SVP down.  If only there were an option to have SVP ignore all duplicate frames and replace them with interpolated ones.

VB_SVP
SVP can't change repeated frames (or frames-drops) by interpolated frames. You need to restore source video first. Video must have only original frames without repeated frames. For 30>24 conversion you can use TIVTC avisynth plugin:

TFM()
TDecimate(cycle=5)

See more in topic "Fix" for videos with resampled framerates?

MAG79 wrote:

VB_SVP
SVP can't change repeated frames (or frames-drops) by interpolated frames. You need to restore source video first. Video must have only original frames without repeated frames. For 30>24 conversion you can use TIVTC avisynth plugin:

TFM()
TDecimate(cycle=5)

See more in topic "Fix" for videos with resampled framerates?

Thx.  Not sure how to proceed with that info though.

VB_SVP
Can you give a short example of your 24-in-30 fps video?