Re: What's hew in SVP 4?

Is the CPU utilization equal to reduction of artifacts amount?
If yes, what setting that I need to tweak in order to achieve that (of course without affecting the smoothness itself) ?

mashingan wrote:

Is the CPU utilization equal to reduction of artifacts amount?

At least for me, the answer was no - there was a point where increasing the CPU utilization actually increased the artifacts.

Nintendo Maniac 64
So um, I put SVP 4 in my windows startup directory since it already seems to do better on my not-so-high-end Core 2 Duo, but whenever Windows is booting up SVP 4 complains that my CPU performance has changed significantly and it wants to re-optimize its settings.  Is there any way to stop this from occurring?

Yes and no smile Core 2 Duo should be highly loaded at the startup...

%APPDATA%/SVP4/settings/ui.cfg
"perf/dont_retest": true

But it still will silently run retest at system startup and give you less scores than your system actually deserve smile

Nintendo Maniac 64
it might be better to say this

Thanks. BTW, keep going correcting language mistakes wink

30 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 04-08-2015 19:09:33)

Oh, I couldn't help but notice that SVP4 is only distributed as an installer.  Considering that, as far as I can tell, it's only the program directory that gets added since it requires SVP 3.1.7 to be pre-installed, why not just distribute it in an archive?  That would be easier for upgrading to new preview versions and then you don't have to worry about junking up the Windows registry unnecessarily.

Nintendo Maniac 64
That would be easier for upgrading to new preview versions

there won't be too many builds of the TP...

32 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 06-08-2015 23:52:46)

Chainik wrote:

Yes and no smile Core 2 Duo should be highly loaded at the startup...

Well I just found out that it even happens with my Pentium G3258 when underclocked to 2.5GHz, but it does not happen on the very same CPU when underclocked to 2.6GHz; however setting the Windows power plan  to "High performance" causes the issue to not happen (but that's really sub-optimal).

And just so you don't get the wrong idea, I made sure to not change any CPU settings during the reboot after running the performance analysis.

Also, found another minor grammar error; in the very same windows that says it needs to measure system performance, the second paragraph ends in the word "proceed" - this should instead say "proceeding."

EDIT: Oy vey, I just rebooted with my Pentium G3258 at 2.4GHz and SVP 4 didn't complain about my CPU performance being different...

SVP 3 wasn't working for DVDs. Will SVP 4 support playing DVDs?

Mystery
SVP 3 wasn't working for DVDs. Will SVP 4 support playing DVDs?
svp definitely can smooth blu rays ( i watched few bd remuxes 40gb+) and dvd probably too. check your player bro

35 (edited by Mystery 07-08-2015 15:55:12)

No, it doesn't work for DVDs, whether directly from the DVD or by ripping the DVD onto the computer. The DVD has to be converted/re-encoded in order for SVP to work with it. Otherwise, it lags and plays jerky.

I asked the devs a while ago and they just said "who watches DVDs nowadays anyway"

Mystery
"who watches DVDs nowadays anyway"

and now you finally know the answer?  big_smile

Mystery wrote:

No, it doesn't work for DVDs, whether directly from the DVD or by ripping the DVD onto the computer. The DVD has to be converted/re-encoded in order for SVP to work with it. Otherwise, it lags and plays jerky.

I asked the devs a while ago and they just said "who watches DVDs nowadays anyway"

DVDs play perfectly fine with SVP even with my SURFACE PRO 3  big_smile , just play them from the "VIDEO_TS" folder after of course having removed eventual restrictions with programs like anydvdhd. No lags or jerky playback whatsoever. That said I've seen DVDs that properly scaled with nnedi etc. look better that some blurays  wink