1 (edited by johnnys 01-08-2015 04:37:00)

Topic: SVP 4 Tech preview

Installed without a hitch...and I must say WOW...so far good on optimal settings. The ghosting/haloing around fast moving scenes/people/cars/objects has greatly decreased!!!
I just wanted to say THANKYOU to the developers, great job!

CPU: Intel i3-4160 3.60ghz
RAM: 12GB DDR3
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 AC2.0 (Stock cooling)
O/S: Windows 10 Pro
DISPLAY: Sharp 1080p LCD (HDMI 1.4)
STORAGE: Crucial 128gb SSD x 2
MAD VR, LAV decoder external (DXVA Native), FFMPEG raw video external, MPC-HC 32bit

2 (edited by Jeff R 1 01-08-2015 04:45:00)

Re: SVP 4 Tech preview

Were you running SVP 3.1.7 before you installed version 4 ?
Is it better then 3.1.7 when it comes to reducing the ghosting/haloing affect ?

Yes I was as running SVP 3.1.7 before.. make sure you disable it before installing V 4 and if you can install it into a another directory. It doesn't come with MPC-HC but it picks that up when it's launched so all your MPC-HC settings (if you use that) are safe. You can also add it to the startup bar by copying the shortcut and pasting it into the startup.
CMD prompt then shell:startup.
The ghosting has decreased immensely, to the point of nearly unnoticeable now and that it just with optimal setting, my CPU can't take it to the highest setting but no need as optimal is more than perfect (and my GPU is doing most of the work). I'm actually blown away at how good it runs! Hope that helps you.

Jeff R 1 wrote:

johnnys wrote:

Yes I was as running SVP 3.1.7 before.. make sure you disable it before installing V 4 and if you can install it into a another directory. It doesn't come with MPC-HC but it picks that up when it's launched so all your MPC-HC settings (if you use that) are safe. You can also add it to the startup bar by copying the shortcut and pasting it into the startup.
CMD prompt then shell:startup.
The ghosting has decreased immensely, to the point of nearly unnoticeable now and that it just with optimal setting, my CPU can't take it to the highest setting but no need as optimal is more than perfect (and my GPU is doing most of the work). I'm actually blown away at how good it runs! Hope that helps you.

Jeff R 1 wrote:

Yes, thanks, I was messing around with it and found a bug _ not necessarily a bug, but a step backwards in performance.
I'll start my own thread.

johnnys
Installed without a hitch...and I must say WOW...so far good on optimal settings. The ghosting/haloing around fast moving scenes/people/cars/objects has greatly decreased!!!

Hmm, not sure about greatly decreased haloing artifacts, but I agree it decreased to some extent.
I observed using several anime videos and one movie, the anime cases are about the same, for the movie the artifact is decreased (ghosting/haloing) .
Is it because of "thin line" in anime that makes it hard to reduces?

I forgot to check the system load when using technical preview version.