Topic: WINDOWS 10 SVP GPU acceleration (Open CL) problems!!

Hello,

before "upgrading" big_smile  to windows10 my tiny machine with latest SVP (3.1.7) was working like a charm, now by enabling open CL the performance is worse than Cpu only!!
If I enable it I begin to see dropped frames but of course without it I cannot utilize SVP at its best.
I have installed only the software that come with SVP. I have an i3 with HD 4200 (surface pro 3).
I also noticed that while reinstalling it after WIN 10 upgrade it messed up ffdhow filters calling not only the raw filter but also the video decoder and I was forced to block it in MPC-HC, if memory serves me right this was an old problem that was solved sad
Thanks wink

Re: WINDOWS 10 SVP GPU acceleration (Open CL) problems!!

AndreaMG
my tiny machine with latest SVP (3.1.7) was working like a charm
i3 with HD 4200 (surface pro 3)

How you managed to make it work "like a charm" ???
Mine starts to drop frequencies to the ground after a few minutes which makes it almost impossible to use with SVP.

Haha  big_smile On 3.1.6. it was unusable but when I upgraded to 3.1.7 on 8.1 it was magic, you have to believe me! Even low bitrate 1080 videos upscaled in dvxa and SVP basic settings was OK! Now it's unusable again  hmm
Mag, did you jumped to windows 10 with your surface? If no I advise not to do it because I suspect that there's some problem in the open-cl compartment

they might change something in the CPU power control for example  hmm

I think it the GPU, maybe it's intel newest 10 drivers that I installed overriding the Surface's own drivers because I cannot stand the fluctuating brightness and the color restrictions. Anyway I will investigate some more before uninstalling SVP. Thanks Chainik  smile

Mine works like a charm after upgrading to windows 10 pro....I did have to upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 970 though..OpenCL is working fine...My CPU is an i3-4160 and I have 12mb ram...I'm going to post my Madvr and SVP settings soon, the latest tweaks I found to get the best optimum performance and quality!

AndreaMG wrote:

I think it the GPU, maybe it's intel newest 10 drivers that I installed overriding the Surface's own drivers because I cannot stand the fluctuating brightness and the color restrictions. Anyway I will investigate some more before uninstalling SVP. Thanks Chainik  smile

johnnys
We're talking about MS Surface Pro 3 wink

Oops..sorry guys...my stupid mistake.  Should have read the posts thoroughly...I'm new here  neutral

Chainik wrote:

johnnys
We're talking about MS Surface Pro 3 wink