126 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 15-07-2015 19:20:57)

Re: Convert Videos to 60fps in just a few clicks

Mystery wrote:

I'm making changes that increase both the quality and the speed.
Before I was encoding on "Noisy SD" preset at 4.7fps. Now it encodes at 6.3fps.

So uh... will there be a version 1.2.2 or 1.3 or something with these improvements?

Yes. I also replaced the denoiser from FF3DFilter to KNLMeans which gives better results.

I'm attempting to get SuperRes to work in AviSynth before releasing the next version... that requires complicated code to run shaders in AviSynth.

128 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 16-07-2015 19:24:59)

Oh btw, regarding your recommendation about complicated + weak masking, one use-case where that is definitely worse artifact-wise is when the content has thin moving lines; on standard the artifacting on the lines is merely areas where the line simply doesn't exist, but on complicated you instead get weird squiggly lines.

The rain in this video is a great example of that, particularly while the camera moves around:
https://youtu.be/tcWJFQsSKT8

Apologies for the double-post, but I just discovered that the media encoder won't allow AC3 audio into an MP4 container even though that's totally a valid audio format for an MP4.

Can you check the AC3 file with MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) to tell me what exact value it returns for the audio codec? Is it "AC3"?

I checked it myself via MPC-HC's File->Properties->MediaInfo...

OK I changed it. I can't really test it but if it returns AC3 then it should work.

133 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 17-07-2015 04:08:03)

While we're on the subject, MP3 and MP2 audio are also valid audio formats for an MP4 video but NGP also won't allow either as well.

(admittedly, finding an MP4 video with those audio formats are quite rare)

134 (edited by Mystery 17-07-2015 05:21:06)

I tried creating MP4 files with MP2 audios from VCDs and although the file was "valid", Windows Media Player couldn't open it. That's why I instead use MKV.

135 (edited by Mystery 17-07-2015 07:16:31)

I'm thinking about adding support to convert audio to AAC with fdk_aac. I just did a custom build of FFMPEG to support it.

I'm considering doing that to re-encode 1080p videos taken with my camera. It produces huge .MOV files. It just makes sense to re-encode them efficiently in H264, and why not run a weak denoiser along the way. The audio is uncompressed and low quality so it would make sense to re-encode it at the same time to output a valid MP4 file. I tried with DirectShowFilter and the image was skipping back and forth; that's why I convert to AVI.

136 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 17-07-2015 22:04:51)

To be honest I have never seen an MP4 file with MP2 audio, only with MP3 audio.  For reference WMP will play an MP4 with MP3 audio perfectly fine, it's just MP2 audio that it doesn't like.

And just an FYI, MOV files can have h.264 video as well.

137 (edited by Legiaoday 24-07-2015 01:50:52)

Hi,

I don't know if anyone could help with a newbie problem  neutral

I'm having a little bit of trouble when trying to trim a 24 minutes long mp4 file.

http://i.imgur.com/2ko8s3g.jpg

I used the same parameters to trim an 1 minute mp4 file and it worked just fine, but the longer file is giving this error. So, I'm not sure if the parameter mask changes the longer the file is.
If I try to encode the 24 minutes video without trimming it, the encoding process will start normaly without any error. The problem is that I'm inputing the trim parameters in the wrong format.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  sad

Personally I like using Avidemux to trim h.264/MP4 and AAC files since it can do it losslessly.

139 (edited by Legiaoday 24-07-2015 03:49:28)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

Personally I like using Avidemux to trim h.264/MP4 and AAC files since it can do it losslessly.

That's pretty understandable, why would anyone trim the video and lose all of its audio? I think I'm the only that have ever used this trim function in this program xD

But anyway, I only NGP encoder to encode small files to 60 FPS, raging from 1 sec to 10 sec and later convert it to a soundless WebM. So, losing the audio in the trim process is not that big of a deal to me.
For watching longer videos I rather use real-time frame interpolation.

If there is no other way to fix it, I guess installing another program to trim is no problem at all, I usually use Premiere Pro to edit videos, but for the sole purpose of trimming files Avidemux will be more than enough, thanks for the tip and thanks to the creator of the Natural Grounding Player and everyone supporting it  wink

Maybe I wasn't clear, but Avidemux also trims and retains the audio stream to a video file.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but Avidemux also trims and retains the audio stream to a video file.

Hehe, I'm sorry if I sounded sarcastic or anything, what I meant was that the fact NGP removes the audio if you use trim is not an inconvenience to me, I really don't need the audio  big_smile

I've downloaded Avidemux and it's pretty good and fast, thx again  wink

Legiaoday wrote:

what I meant was that the fact NGP removes the audio if you use trim is not an inconvenience to me, I really don't need the audio  big_smile

Oh alright; whenever I want to throw away the audio I usually just use mkvtoolix and only include the video stream, then import the resulting MKV into Avidemux.

whenever I want to throw away the audio I usually just use mkvtoolix and only include the video stream, then import the resulting MKV into Avidemux.

Nice, I will do that.

Thanks for the support, you guys are really helpful.

144 (edited by Mystery 24-07-2015 12:02:13)

Yes I saw that bug. The reason is that the TRIM has a value with digits. I'll fix that in the next version, but for now just go to the Advanced tab and edit the TRIM command to remove the digits.

There also might be a way to TRIM audios and videos without re-encoding, allowing to TRIM the video and preserve the audio. If I have time, I'll explore that as well. mmm.... the challenge would be to get the audio and video to sync by trimming the video with AviSynth and the audio with FFMPEG... it probably won't perfectly sync.

"Convert Videos to 60fps in just a few clicks"

Really?
Well, I gave up and deleted the player after not even being able to figure out how to add my HDD files for conversion to 60fps.
I guess drag-and-drop files into player is futuristic stuff for this player.
Not even copying the files into it's installation folder (like it says in the tutorial) works. It can't find them when I try to edit playlist or select files. All it shows is a bunch of pre selected titles for download or something. Is this a downloader or a video converter? What a mess...

Is there a software that can actually convert files to 60fps with a few clicks or do I really need to use the tedious spirton scripts? I need a converter so that I can watch 60fps in my mede8er player. I rarely watch videos on my PC so SVP isn't of much use to me.

heck, someone should just invent some kind of hardware HMDI 60fps converter to install between the source player and the screen. Hardware SVP would be bad ass and it wouldn't be limited to PC use.

146 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 01-08-2015 02:12:30)

Uhhh, you can do it with a few clicks even in this program, it's just a bit non-intuitive to actually get to the SVP converter in the first place.

The thing is, this program's main purpose is something completely different, so you pretty much need to completely ignore the first screen you see.  You have to go into Tools -> Media Encoder and then set the preset to 60fps.

Take a look at this video starting at 1:05:
https://youtu.be/xvWmP30GmUc?t=65s

147 (edited by Legiaoday 04-08-2015 13:50:31)

Did anyone try to use the encoder with Windows 10?

I'm getting this error with any kind of container/codec. Even the files that successfully enconded in Windows 8 are now giving me this error hmm

http://i.imgur.com/6Up21WD.jpg

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with .NET Framework, because I got a really weird message from .NET 4.5 when installing the program, at first I was not sure if it was just a normal message or an error.

Edit:

Here is the the program asking me to install .NET 4.5.2
http://i.imgur.com/lRFOsW5.png

The message it returns when it fails to install the framework.
http://i.imgur.com/i2nuzow.png

I've tried installing the .NET 4.5.2 manually but it says it already is installed.
http://i.imgur.com/UGKupDf.png

148 (edited by Legiaoday 04-08-2015 12:40:16)

Vehe wrote:

"Convert Videos to 60fps in just a few clicks"

Really?
Well, I gave up and deleted the player after not even being able to figure out how to add my HDD files for conversion to 60fps.
I guess drag-and-drop files into player is futuristic stuff for this player.
Not even copying the files into it's installation folder (like it says in the tutorial) works. It can't find them when I try to edit playlist or select files. All it shows is a bunch of pre selected titles for download or something. Is this a downloader or a video converter? What a mess...

Is there a software that can actually convert files to 60fps with a few clicks or do I really need to use the tedious spirton scripts? I need a converter so that I can watch 60fps in my mede8er player. I rarely watch videos on my PC so SVP isn't of much use to me.

heck, someone should just invent some kind of hardware HMDI 60fps converter to install between the source player and the screen. Hardware SVP would be bad ass and it wouldn't be limited to PC use.

I agree that it could be a little more intuitive, but when using the program for the first time it asks you which folder you would like to use as the videos folder, if you don't choose any it will create a folder in the root of your C: drive.

You can also change that in the settings of the program.
http://i.imgur.com/pAmOG1h.png

I haven't tried it on Windows 10 yet. It seems something needs to be updated with the .NET Framework dependency.

As for the encoding error, it seems AVS isn't being recognized as a video file extension. I suppose you haven't installed AviSynth (or SVP) after upgrading? Is SVP working, because to play videos with SVP, the system must be able to recognize and play AVS files.

Windows 10 update breakes .avs file association