Topic: Waiting for ffdshow

I installed this mostly for watching anime, i made a point of uninstalling cccp first and only installing this afterwards but it still doesn't seem to work. When i hover over it it's yellow and says "Waiting for ffdshow"

Re: Waiting for ffdshow

- check that video player is 32-bit
- check that ffdshow is in the list of active filters
- if not - set up the player accordingly with http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:Video_players

i added the raw video filter in the external filters, but it doesnt appear in the filter list when playing a video

- set "prefer" option, double click on "ffdshow raw video filter", "codecs" tab, check that "format : raw video" = "all supported"

3 (edited by ArchangelPT 07-07-2015 20:38:13)

How do i check to see if it's 32 or 64 bits? My windows is 64

from the "About" window
from the Windows Task Manager

ArchangelPT wrote:

I installed this mostly for watching anime, i made a point of uninstalling cccp first and only installing this afterwards but it still doesn't seem to work. When i hover over it it's yellow and says "Waiting for ffdshow"

I had a similar problem with the last version of SVP.  I uninstalled CCCP too and I couldn't get anywhere with just SVP installed.

What I had to do:  Install CCCP, Install SVP 3.1.6 full (old version*), install core version of 3.1.7, go to CCCP Settings->LAV Video Settings->Hardware Decoder: DXVA2 (copy-back), then add filter in MPC-HC.

*When I tried to install SVP 3.1.7 full, the installer would not let me opt out of installing SVP's version of MPC-HC so I wanted to keep the one that I knew worked with CCCP.