Topic: SVP does not work with latest nvidia drivers.

SVP does not work with latest nvidia drivers 353.06 and 353.12.
When you switch to full screen and back a couple of times the picture freezes, driver crashes and GPU clock get's stuck at 540Mhz until you restart or go in to device manager and disable/enable the driver.  sad

Re: SVP does not work with latest nvidia drivers.

Hi, im using 353.06 on evga gtx 570 sc and everything working just fine with potplayer, etc. 
whats your video card ?.   Try uninstall drivers using this http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis … nload.html , follow it instructions, install drivers again.

Maken1 wrote:

Hi, im using 353.06 on evga gtx 570 sc and everything working just fine with potplayer, etc. 
whats your video card ?.   Try uninstall drivers using this http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis … nload.html , follow it instructions, install drivers again.

The card is GTX970.
Do you have OpenCL enabled in the SVP settings to use the GPU? Or maybe Potplayer is doing something differently?
Also can you tell me what version of FFDShow and AVIsynth are you using?

I did clean with DDU before. That didn't help. But as soon as I go back to pre 353.06 driver everything works fine.

Yes OpenCL enabled. Ffdshow rev4533 sep 24 2014 x86. AVIsynth 2.5.8. All working fine. Also tried MPC-HC lastest version and working fine too. My windows is 8.1 pro x64. Try to reset SVP profiles. Also try using PotPlayer, follow my guide at least to the basic steps see if happen the same. Good Luck

Maken1 wrote:

Yes OpenCL enabled. Ffdshow rev4533 sep 24 2014 x86. AVIsynth 2.5.8. All working fine. Also tried MPC-HC lastest version and working fine too. My windows is 8.1 pro x64. Try to reset SVP profiles. Also try using PotPlayer, follow my guide at least to the basic steps see if happen the same. Good Luck

Thanks. I will try. But it's strange that with older drivers this same setup wasn't a problem.

You know not all drivers are the same, also some problems that others peoples have, other dont and viceversa. Its normal. I always before install new drivers , i do some little research about it, what peoples say and more, depending of them then i think if change or not. Still you can give a try and if it does not work as you wanted or as it must, then you roll back to stable version, solved problem until new driver release. Always uninstall drivers using DDU, follow it instructions then do new fresh install.

Good luck friend.

7 (edited by FDisk 05-06-2015 10:47:45)

ok, here is what I found.

The freeze and driver crash only happens when the following combination is being used:
- 353.06 or 353.12 nvidia driver + SVP + MPC HC with LAV Filters + movie was encoded with mkvmerge v7.9.0 = picture freeze and driver crash.

Take one of those out and everything is fine.

For example: use KMPlayer with internal filters = no problem
play a movie that was encoded with earlier version of mkvmerge = no problem

I believe we can do nothing in this case

9 (edited by James D 05-06-2015 11:03:59)

Lemme guess... If you set decoder to Intel QS or None or DXVA it works but with CUDA it doesn't?

Check Mediainfo. How much symbols does it have in its header? I know that mkvmerge used to double header's length somehow even though you see it as usual so if it has long encode settings written... crash.

Try to mux in mp4 with Yamb and then remux in mkv with mkvmerge.

10 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 08-06-2015 05:15:36)

If it works with Intel QuickSync then you might as well use that since its CPU utilization is pretty much on-level with DXVA copy-back except at very high resolutions (like 4k), but even then QuickSync can decode at a higher framerate.

....or you could use an AMD GPU. wink [insert joke about AMD vs Nvidia driver quality here]

You need to reactivate CUDA is it is disabled in the latest drivers.

Here is how:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads … xx.768768/