Topic: SVP doesn't launch mp4 file

Hi I'm french and first of all I'd like to thank the svp developpers for the great work they did.

SVP player changed my experience in looking at videos for the better.

SVP player doesn't launch mp4 files when I use windows media player, but i works good with potplayer

I prefer using windows media player compared to MPC-HC because I find the quality sound better: I use the srs wow with headphones, sound has way more bass, and when playing around with MPC-HC sound options, I don't reach same quality level...

I use download helper on firefox to download files as well.

Here's the problem: when the mp4 video is DOWNLOADING (u can preview it before it completes), when I do right-click, launch with wmp, svp player works and video is smooth (SVP: playback 50fps...). But when download is COMPLETE SVP doesn't launch anymore sad

I remarked that on tube sites, flv is the common file extension: it works with wmp without problem.

I read the http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:WMP tutorial and it doesn't work.

Can you please help me ? Thanks in advance !

Last quick question: I think i made svp player work with VLC as it sometimes writes svp: playback, but I don't know for sure lol

2 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 17-05-2015 07:34:44)

Re: SVP doesn't launch mp4 file

Just a quick heads up, FLV was the most common on YouTube circa 2007, but most of the higher quality formats before they implemented DASH used MP4 or WebM containers, and nowadays the only thing still using FLV is a single low-resolution format purely for legacy compatibility purposes.

Since you say you're using DownloadHelper, it is important to note that you are not able to access the newer higher quality (VP9), higher resolution (1080p+), and higher framerate (48, 50, 60fps) formats.

But when download is COMPLETE SVP doesn't launch anymore

What do you mean by "SVP doesn't launch"?
WMP isn't opens at all? Or it doesn't plays any video? Or video plays but SVP isn't active (which means ffdshow decoder isn't in use)?

I think i made svp player work with VLC as it sometimes writes svp: playback, but I don't know for sure lol

this's not possible

Hi everyone !
For me "svp doesn't launch" means that what is written in green (bottom left corner) isn't written anymore http://www.google.fr/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/SVP-600x431.jpg&sa=X&ei=S99YVeilEOKvygOTs4CICA&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGF56qYEtvQ2vmfK2Z5m2WZWBPc7A

I had in the past versions of svp player that sometimes written on VLC, I'm pretty confident about that. Now, can this green things be written and svp isn't working ?

It can be in some cases with wrong splitter/decoder/renderer. Use Tearing test line (Ctrl-Win-T, or Ctrl-T) to determine is all frames are painted without dropped frames.
Then change decoder or renderer and repeat. You need to find smooth movements of tearing test line.

MAG79 wrote:

It can be in some cases with wrong splitter/decoder/renderer. Use Tearing test line (Ctrl-Win-T, or Ctrl-T) to determine is all frames are painted without dropped frames.
Then change decoder or renderer and repeat. You need to find smooth movements of tearing test line.

Hi MAG79! Thanks for having taken time to reply.
Ok, I just tested through download helper on dailymotion here's the result:
When the file is DOWNLOADING I do right click on it and open with windows media player, I can do the Tearing test line without problem, i have immediatly smooth movements of tearing test line !
Now, once the dowload is complete, I close the file I was "previewing". Then try to open it with windows mp. As a result, I can't even do the tearing test anymore. And svp doesn't say :"SVP: playback" etc
Launching the file with potplayer is ok: svp launches.

U know guys, here in France, when you say "SVP", that means "s'il vous plaît", or "please" lol

So can you please help me with this problem ? Thanks haha

open it with windows mp. As a result, I can't even do the tearing test anymore. And svp doesn't say :"SVP: playback"
Windows Media Player can be configured: Setting up Windows Media Player.

This's an interesting idea.
WMP 32-bit is used for previews and downloaded .mp4 files are associated with WMP 64-bit.  hmm
You can check actual version running in the Task Manager.

@MAG79: Hello, yea I configured it with this tutorial already
@Chainik: hi ! I don't know where to search for that info, all i have is wmplayer.exe  big_smile

There're two different wmplayer.exe's in 64-bit Windows and SVP will work in one and won't work in another.

I have 32 bit windows 7 my friend  big_smile

Run 'Codec Tweak Tool', press 'MS Codec Tweaks' and check "Disable Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'

13 (edited by 007 22-05-2015 04:48:59)

Thanks so much Chainik! That works now . It's OK for mp4 extension big_smile How do it do to make .wmv and .avi files work on svp please ? With potplayer svp launches but not with wmp

May be disable all others Microsoft video decoders?

Hi Chainik: that didn't work my friend for the moiment  big_smile

Wait this just made me think... doesn't IE (and I guess Edge) use the same media playback system as WMP?  If this is the case, would it not be theoretically possible to get SVP working on HTML5 video in IE/Edge?

ok problem solved guys. i re installed everything then ticked everything in 'Codec Tweak Tool', then 'MS Codec Tweaks'

it worked !!!

Thanks men!  cool