Topic: SVPTube Seeking

Is there any way you can make SVP tube support loading youtube "copy video at current time" links? ( &feature=player_detailpage&t=9 ) would be 9 seconds in..

I'm (trying to) use SVP to watch boxing videos from youtube, and generally there is 10 minutes or so of prefight stuff at the beginning that I'd like to skip, but seeking just to 4 minutes in is taking over 5 minutes to buffer and I eventually give up and just watch it on youtube.

Adding a way to seek to spots within the player without it buffering the entire video up to that point would be great, or at least if it supported the t=seconds command on the links so that I could find the spot I need and paste it into svptube.

Thank you for your hard work, SVP as a whole has changed my video watching experience and allows me to take advantage of my 144hz monitor, but also makes it that much more frustrating to have to watch youtube at 30FPS, especially the ones encoded in even lower framerates.

Re: SVPTube Seeking

I'll look into this but I don't think it's possible.
Right now the only parameter I see in "videoplayback" is "range" (from-to) value but it's expressed in bytes not in seconds.

(stream URL is http://blah-blah-blah.youtube.com/videoplayback?<parameters>)

Chainik wrote:

I'll look into this but I don't think it's possible.
Right now the only parameter I see in "videoplayback" is "range" (from-to) value but it's expressed in bytes not in seconds.

(stream URL is http://blah-blah-blah.youtube.com/videoplayback?<parameters>)

Thanks for the info.  Maybe it would still be somewhat useful if there was a way of manually inputting a # for bytes to skip with some guess-work.

Entire player keeps freezing when I try to skip ahead, and it's not just cuz it's downloading.  I have to keep closing MPC-HC and starting where it left off and slowly seeking forward.  I can't just let it buffer to wherever I'm going to cuz the player freezes and it never starts again.  If there is some log file or something I can find to help identify the issue please let me know.

chicken-
Maybe this link will be helpful: MPC-HC Troubleshooting guidelines

6 (edited by chicken- 10-05-2015 11:30:49)

SVPTube seeking had been working great for a long time, now all of a sudden it has to buffer every time I skip ahead in a video and wait for minutes before it'll play.  It hadn't been doing this for me at all, it would skip right away and play from wherever I chose.

Did something change in the past week or so?  I installed sopcast last week so I'm wondering if that changed some buffering settings or something.  I can't find any options related to buffering though.