Topic: Buffering issue MPC-HC, SVPTube 1.2.5a

Hello all,

As you can see I'm new here, I just found out about SVPTube yesterday -- great little piece of software. I am however having a bit of an issue concerning buffering of videos. I don't have a very fast internet connection, it is able to sustain a download rate of about 5Mbit/s, so therefore I have limited SVPTube to using 720p MP4 video just to be sure. 5Mbit/s should be enough for 1080p though.

The problem I'm having is that MPC-HC sometimes runs out of buffer, causing the video to start stuttering. Once this happens, there's no way to get it going again: simply pausing it for a while doesn't help. I'm not sure what the problem is here, could be a compatibility issue of some sort. The interesting this is: when trying to play the same video in Youtube itself there are no issues at all. It can even play the video at 1080p without problems.

My question: is there a way to make SVPTube or MPC-HC use a bigger buffer so this doesn't happen?

Thanks in advance!

Some info about my setup:
- Using MPC-HC 32-bit 1.7.8
- using internal LAV filters for a/v decoding (Intel Quicksync H/W decoding for video)
- Using MadVR for rendering the video
- Playback on Panasonic plasma TV @ the correct refresh rate (matched to video fps), so no need for reclock

Re: Buffering issue MPC-HC, SVPTube 1.2.5a

may be interesting - http://superuser.com/questions/842203/h … gressively
I didn't tried this

Chainik wrote:

may be interesting - http://superuser.com/questions/842203/h … gressively
I didn't tried this

That's actually quite interesting. I'll give it a try!

I tried this and it had no effect for me. Trying to stream .mp4 files from Youtube with a * behind them in SVPtube ends up with incorrect video length in MPC-HC.

Streaming anything else (MP4, VP9, VP9 *, HFR) works with no problems.

Any other suggestions? Not all videos on Youtube can be streamed in VP9 format. Having to download a lengthy 1080p .mp4 file from Youtube before running it though MPC-HC takes to long with a 6Mbit connection.