1 (edited by travolter 12-04-2015 09:51:17)

Topic: question: does framedoubling technology of TVs work with PC input?

I was thinking about framedoubling all PC content (movies/games) using a TV with frameoubling technolgy.

I dont own a TV with framedoubling technology already to test with the PC input.

Does it work?

SVP is fantastinc.. and I use it daily, but I see that each time we need more hardware power and powerful videocards.. (4K approaching) so I was thinking on buy a TV with that framedoubling technique instead expend money in new CPU+GPUs for the next generation of HD videos.

Finally: If TVs can do frameoubling with PC content... what brand uses the best framedoubling technology?. Is there any review  out there comparing all these technologies?. Any suggestions from personal experiences?

Re: question: does framedoubling technology of TVs work with PC input?

travolter
If TVs can do frameoubling with PC content
Yes.

what brand uses the best framedoubling technology?
I think they are Philips, Samsung and LG.

Is there any review  out there comparing all these technologies?
Yes. Google phrases "frame rate interpolation", "frame rate conversion" and "motion resolution".

Any suggestions from personal experiences?
I like Philips (I have one) and Samsung.

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 13-04-2015 01:38:39)

Re: question: does framedoubling technology of TVs work with PC input?

It's my understanding that Panasonic and Sony have very good implementations that even include optional black-frame insertion.

Also, special mention to LG's OLED TVs since they have rediculously low pixel response time, though they lack black-frame insertion (doesn't seem to be the fault of the panel since even their LCDs lack it); therefore the rumored Panasonic TV with an LG OLED panel may be the ultimate choice if money was of no concern (assuming the input lag is good).

If you want more expert and in-depth recommendations, it would probably be wise to ask on http://www.avsforum.com/forum/

Also, since this is for PC use, you should definitely make note of the input lag at http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/