1 (edited by heliumbox 21-07-2014 22:07:30)

Topic: Subtitle flickering

In order to explain my problem here is a video (minor tokyo ghoul spoiler) http://youtu.be/9YT8o4QPQl8 I am using the recommended anime settings and this only occurs in some videos mostly during panning/action scenes, this one in particular is 720p .mkv.
As you can notice it effects the animations as well just not as drastically as the text.
Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, I don't even know what to call this issue, is this what "artifacts" are or? I put artifact masking to strongest and it helped some but is there any other setting to further reduce the effect?

Re: Subtitle flickering

heliumbox
Yes. It is artifact of smoothing algo. Called waved artifacts.
Is it hard subtitles? If yes then search forum about reducing waved artifacts. These artifacts can be reduced but can't be removed completely.

I am having the same issue with soft subtitles. im currently trying to find the right amount of Artifacts Masking to use, but does anyone have any other ideas? possibly make SVP ignore the subtitles.

datboishagg
soft subtitles
If you can disable/enable subtitles then you can adjust subtitle showing after SVP frames prcessing.
I recommend to disable ffdShow-subtitles and use MPC-HC subtitles processing with showing it by renderer.