26 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 03-04-2015 02:04:38)

Re: New version of SVP?

Considering the performance improvements, does this also mean a new version of SVPmark?

Nintendo Maniac 64
No. SVPmark is benchmark software. It will stay without any update. It uses for measurements and must show identical results on identical systems.

MAG79 wrote:

Nintendo Maniac 64
No. SVPmark is benchmark software. It will stay without any update. It uses for measurements and must show identical results on identical systems.

Exactly - by the way, I was wondering why I can't click on submit score. Where do we submit our scores so they enter the high scores table? I think mine would make Top 20.

Blackfyre
Type your login/password in SVPmark, use online database to compare your results with others.
Read carefully: http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVPmark

MAG79, is there any plans in the near future to move more load currently done on CPU over to the GPU? Is it a big development effort to achieve this?

I'm like many of the guys on doom9 with a shiny new GTX 980 for my HTPC but currently SVP hits CPU 100% bottleneck when increasing quality where as GPU is still only using very minimal %, and its fans don't even spin up big_smile

mark007 wrote:

MAG79, is there any plans in the near future to move more load currently done on CPU over to the GPU? Is it a big development effort to achieve this?

I'm like many of the guys on doom9 with a shiny new GTX 980 for my HTPC but currently SVP hits CPU 100% bottleneck when increasing quality where as GPU is still only using very minimal %, and its fans don't even spin up big_smile

This would be great if this could be done.

MAG79 wrote:

Mystery

Error: Error preparing smooth playback! Script error:
Write: File 'C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1\Logs\avsFPS.txt' cannot be opened.
(ffdshow_filter_avisynth_script, line 7)

Did you put SVP 3.1\Logs folder to exclude path in your antivirus software?

I'm using Kaspersky and haven't set any special configuration on it.

It's probably not a configuration issue because it works 9 times out of 10. It just fails once every 10 videos. And if it was due to AntiVirus configuration, you couldn't expect everybody to know how to reconfigure that manually.

When do you expect to get the new version of AviSynth2.8+ MT functional? And when do you expect to release the next version of SVP?

It might be a good idea to release the AviSynth.dll first so that we can test it.

Mystery
And when do you expect to release the next version of SVP?

two months ago  big_smile

We need some time to finish

New version yay.  smile

The new AviSynth isn't yet functional? Will I be able to replace the 2.6 MT and + versions of AviSynth.dll with this new version when re-encoding videos to get better performance and better stability with the same quality?

Mystery

There's no "new Avisynth".
AVS 2.5.8 "SVP edition" was aimed at reducing memory consumption only, it had the same peak performance as "official" build.
We're still not sure it's really needed to mess with AVS 2.6 RC 1/2/3 "SVP editions".

For re-encoding AVS+ is the best choice.

I'm currently using AVS+ for previews for better stability, and AVS2.6 MT for encoding for better performance. If you have AVS+ MT, then this will most likely beat 2.6 MT's performance!

Is AVS+ version of SVP already ready for beta testers?

Everyone can get AVS+ MT  hmm it isn't secret
And it needs only three lines of JS code to make SVP work with it.

42 (edited by James D 15-04-2015 22:57:34)

Chainik
Everyone can get AVS+ MT  hmm it isn't secret
And it needs only three lines of JS code to make SVP work with it.

Not AVS+ "SVP version" but AVS+ version "OF SVP". Meaning SVP 3.1.7 which already uses AVS+. If so, I am willing to become its tester because tired of bugs using AVS 2.6.

Or that answer was for Mystery only?

43 (edited by Mystery 16-04-2015 05:10:58)

I tested a previous build of AVS+ MT that was buggy as hell on its basic features.

Looking forward to testing this new build when ready!

Chainik, are you saying there is already a newer build of AVS+ MT that actually works?

Mystery
are you saying there is already a newer build of AVS+ MT that actually works?

latest public one was r1779

45 (edited by Mystery 16-04-2015 18:56:27)

Released last month? Sweet! I'll definitely give it a try

If anyone else wants to try it, instructions to make SVP work with AVS+ are in this thread
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2316

With this build of AVS+, I'm getting 20 dropped frames per second while the CPU is running @ 17%

Not quite working yet!

Memory usage of 600MB is much better than 2.6 MT

Mystery
while the CPU is running @ 17%

obviously you're doing something wrong and it's not running in MT mode

Attached is my edited generate.js file. I'm not getting any error.

Post's attachments

generate.txt 11.72 kb, 744 downloads since 2015-04-17 

49 (edited by James D 18-04-2015 15:28:59)

Mystery wrote:

If anyone else wants to try it, instructions to make SVP work with AVS+ are in this thread http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2316

Keeding? For me "in fact anyone with basic knowledge of JavaScript can "port" it..." sounds exactly like "in fact, anyone with basic knowledge of nuclear physics can disarm nuclear bomb..."
While at the end all you actually need is basic knowledge of text editing in Notepad which I figured out myself reading SVP AVS+ discussion on doom9. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t … mp;page=50
At first I edited ffdshow.avs, then tried to restrict rewriting it and then looked for anything suspicious in SVP folder and found that I could open .js in Notepad. Only 5 minutes later I used that "instructions" to replace the latest line avs.WriteLine("distributor()"); which you probably forgot to do and that's why you get 17% CPU load but 20 drops per second. Also read doom9, one line of replaced code is changed with newest AVS+.

chainik_svp wrote:

I see some very strange behavior when playing video with SVP. Everything looks great, except when I set number of threads to 6 or 11 video playback becomes choppy.
Every other number (tested values from 2 to 15) gives smooth playback. it looks like source filter (which is ffdshow_source()) became inaccurate with those values i.e. the next filter in the chain (SVSuper()) sometimes receives the same frame when it asks for N and N-1 so motions vectors are zero and playback is choppy.
most likely this's some issue with the cache
I never saw this before with Avisynth wink

Isn't that is the same issue/bug I notified SVP Team over half a year ago? And then mentioned another once 2 months ago to you? Because I got that on AVS2.6 and yesterday after I launched "affected" video and set Threads to manual number it went away.
Anyway. Now anytime SVP launches it notifies about missing Avisynth 2.5.8 so I had to replace AVS+ in SysWow64 with AVS 2.6, launch SVP and then replace with AVS+. Is there a way to skip that AVS check?
EDIT: Workaround is to put AVS+ in PotPlayer's folder while leave old Avisynth in SysWow64.
Speaking about what AVS+ gave me? I got the same feeling of fluid motion as I once got after moving from no-SVP to SVP! AVS+ increased fluency and NOW I really see what is fluid.

Mystery
Attached is my edited generate.js file.

yeah  big_smile
it should be

SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE",2)

for latest AVS+ builds

James D

you may want to set internal ffdshow buffers to some larger values (20 frames for example) for AVS+ to work correctly wink
just an advice...