Topic: New version of SVP?

Hi,

Was wondering if there is going to be a new version of SVP any time soon? If the performance/smoothness is better, ofcourse you can expect more donations of me smile!

Re: New version of SVP?

mindz
Yes. You will see new version of SVP soon.
It will be bug-fix version with performance improvents a little.

@MAG79

Hi, good to see that, waiting for it too.

What will be included in the new version?
- AviSynth 2.6 MT ?
- Auto-crop improvements ?
- Optionally processing madVR before SVP ?

Mystery
AviSynth 2.6 MT ?

This is the biggest pain in the ass.
We're not happy enough with avs 2.6.
The upcoming version will be just a bridge between avs 2.5 and avs+, as we're working together with AVS+ author to optimize it for real-time processing.

6 (edited by Mystery 30-03-2015 22:39:22)

I like AviSynth+, seems simpler, more stable and faster than 2.6; besides MT

But what do you mean by "bridge" between 2.5 and + ?

7 (edited by Blackfyre 31-03-2015 03:29:42)

Chainik wrote:

Mystery
AviSynth 2.6 MT ?

This is the biggest pain in the ass.
We're not happy enough with avs 2.6.
The upcoming version will be just a bridge between avs 2.5 and avs+, as we're working together with AVS+ author to optimize it for real-time processing.

That's great news Chainik. Looking forward to it whenever it's ready.

I would like to make one or two requests please:

1. Can you please add 5x and 6x 'target frame-rate' in the drop down menu?
---- So we don't need to edit the file 'MSmoothFPS' file.

2. Can you guys please add an option when right clicking SVPManager, under settings, add "Start with System Startup" (as an option which can be ticked or un-ticked to enable or disable). That way SVP Manager starts when the system boots and logs into Windows (configure it, so that it's the last service to be enabled, once everything else is booted, and every other service has run).

The third request below is more of a suggestion really, not a request; I only had the two requests above.

3. After you've released the stable version with AVS 2.5 & AVS+, can you release an experimental or beta version for AVS 2.6 (Because I'm assuming that's the next step)... That way, many more people can participate if they wish to do so in helping smooth things out for AVS 2.6.
---- If you can make it so that AVS 2.6 is installed in a different directory, and doesn't run while AVS 2.5 is running, that way people can use the stable one, and update the experimental one whenever they can and give feedback

8 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 31-03-2015 03:39:21)

When you say performance, are you purely talking about SVP's interpolation or does that include stuff like an updated MPC-HC and/or LAVfilters?

FYI, MPC-HC v1.7.8 uses an LAV revision a bit earlier than the stable v0.64, so it may be wise to replace MPC-HC's built-in LAVfilters with said stable 0.64 version.  For reference, the ZIP release versions of LAV are perfectly compatible with MPC-HC to the point that you can delete all the files in MPC-HC's "LAVFilters" folder and replace it with the contents of the LAV ZIP archive and everything will work perfectly fine.

Blackfyre wrote:

["Start with System Startup"

Is this not the same as the "Load automatically with Windows" setting that is already present?

9 (edited by Mystery 31-03-2015 03:49:46)

The main thing I would like to see is less crashes when loading videos. Video initialization often fails and require closing and re-opening the video. I don't think that's due to AviSynth since it's not freeing but just failing to open.

Blackfyre wrote:

3. After you've released the stable version with AVS 2.5 & AVS+, can you release an experimental or beta version for AVS 2.6 (Because I'm assuming that's the next step)... That way, many more people can participate if they wish to do so in helping smooth things out for AVS 2.6.

You can already use AviSynth 2.6. Simply replace the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AviSynth.dll file with the 2.6 MT version.

Mystery
AVS 26 MT will be bundled with SVP installer. It will replace AVS 2.5.8.

Auto-crop improvements ?
No. Auto-crop function will stay the same as in SVP 3.1.6.

Optionally processing madVR before SVP ?
No. It is impossible because of DirectShow limits: decoding and postprocessing (SVP) first, only then rendering (madVR).

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

Is this not the same as the "Load automatically with Windows" setting that is already present?

Yep, thanks for reminding me. I forgot it was there and thought it would be a good addition but yes it already exists.

So basically my only request left is for 5x & 6x source fps to be added in the manager.

Blackfyre
1. Can you please add 5x and 6x 'target frame-rate' in the drop down menu?
Ok. We will do it for you smile

2. Can you guys please add an option when right clicking SVPManager, under settings, add "Start with System Startup"
Try to use SVP tray menu - Settings - Load automatically with Windows. It is the same what you ask.

3. SVP next version will be universal and you will can use it with both AVS 2.6 and AVS+.

Nintendo Maniac 64
When you say performance, are you purely talking about SVP's interpolation or does that include stuff like an updated MPC-HC and/or LAVfilters?
All last versions of SVP bundle components will be included, of course. But I mean better performance of interpolation algorithms.

MPC-HC v1.7.8 uses an LAV revision a bit earlier than the stable v0.64... you can delete all the files in MPC-HC's "LAVFilters" folder and replace it with the contents of the LAV ZIP archive and everything will work perfectly fine.
We will think about it. But I suppose we will leave official MPC 1.7.8 with LAV included by MPC's authors. Our rule is to leave all third party components without any modifications. AS IS.
You can do such replacement at your system yourself. smile

Mystery
The main thing I would like to see is less crashes when loading videos. Video initialization often fails and require closing and re-opening the video.
Why is that happening? I don't see anything like your description. But you can try use hidden setting

;Delay before smoothness enabling at starting of play (msec)
DelayOnPlayStart=0

Start from DelayOnPlayStart=1000. In some cases I need to point DelayOnPlayStart=6000 to make ReClock icon become green before SVP start his job.

16 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 31-03-2015 05:09:17)

Any chance of support for chroma higher than 4:2:0 and bitdepths higher than 8bpc?

Also, will my previously-made suggestion about an on-screen note regading "Drop every other frame" be present?

Nintendo Maniac 64
Any chance of support for chroma higher than 4:2:0 and bitdepths higher than 8bpc?
No chance at near version. It is not simple task.

on-screen note regading "Drop every other frame" be present?
Yes. It is in my ToDo list smile

MAG79 wrote:

No chance at near version. It is not simple task.

Hopefully the 10bit in particular happens before consumer OLED PC displays become a thing (LGD is the largest supplier of PC display panels and all their current OLED TV panels are 10bit)

Here's the log when it fails to initialize

23:46:55.554; ===== Detected playback with ffdShow. AppName: mpc-hc_.exe PID: 1136
23:46:55.555; ===== It is first playback with ffdShow after system resume
23:46:55.559; GetDimensionAndFPS_fromOSD start. Duration: 111 ms
23:46:55.670; GetDimensionAndFPS_fromOSD result: 1280x720 23.976 1/1
23:46:55.678; T1T: begin
23:46:55.680; T1T: GetAllMediaParams
23:46:55.682; ### CorrectStereoModeByAppAndFilename: Damaged Lady.mp4
23:46:55.683; T1T: SettingsPrepare. Duration: 9 ms
23:46:55.692; T1T: Preparing smooth playback...
23:46:55.696; T1T: WriteAllMediaParamsToIni
23:46:55.696; SVPMgr: main "C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1\" 1280 720 23.976 1280 720 5 2. Duration: 389 ms
23:46:56.085; ===== Playback
23.976 * (5 : 2) = 59.94 fps
23:46:56.085; SetPriorityPlayer: 2. Duration: 590 ms
23:46:56.675; Error: Error preparing smooth playback! Script error:
Write: File 'C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1\Logs\avsFPS.txt' cannot be opened.
(ffdshow_filter_avisynth_script, line 7)

keep up the great work! would love to see "profile selection" implemented, so that i can create the different profiles and activate them myself. i brought this up in my old post at http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2440. since i cant have more than one 1080p profile, i cant have different settings for multiple types of shows, one for live action and a second one for cartoon/anime. thanks =]

Mystery

Error: Error preparing smooth playback! Script error:
Write: File 'C:\ProgramData\SVP 3.1\Logs\avsFPS.txt' cannot be opened.
(ffdshow_filter_avisynth_script, line 7)

Did you put SVP 3.1\Logs folder to exclude path in your antivirus software?

datboishagg
Thank you. We will think about it. But profile selection by video type not will be implemented in next SVP release.

Would it be possible to manually reset the performance graph?

When I change settings during playback, the changes affect performance but becomes steady shortly after change.
Waiting for the visible adjustment in the graph to scroll out of range takes too long, especially if I change settings several times when experimenting with new sources.

...you know that you don't have to wait for the entire graph to go off-screen, right?  Just have no or minimal CPU usage for a few seconds and the average measurement will be smart enough to seperate the two "sessions".

sparktank
Would it be possible to manually reset the performance graph?
It is not clear to me. Why? It works fine without reset. Move mouse pointer over the graphs wink

MAG79 wrote:

Move mouse pointer over the graphs wink

I actually never noticed that the graph highlights each 'session' when hovering over it with the mouse pointer.
Seeing each session highlighted makes much more sense like this.  cool