1 (edited by tobindax 25-03-2015 09:33:25)

Topic: Live TV

Is it normal for live TV in mpc-hc the video to look choppy if SVP is enabled? If I record the stream in VLC and then play it in mpc-hc with SVP on, video is smooth and SVP works fine.

edit: It's not the hardware performance (someone had suggested that in the past). It's a new i7 a new AMD discreet GPU.

Re: Live TV

tobindax
live TV in mpc-hc
What decoder are you using?
And if MPC-HC's internal LAV Filter then What hardware decoder in it?
I recomend to use DXVA2 copy-back, not Intel Quicksync. Intel Quicksync gives sometimes choppy playback.

3 (edited by tobindax 27-03-2015 10:54:02)

The problem appears on a variety of DVB-T devices, with or without hardware accelaration on the LAV decoder at all (I don't use Intel Quicksync, the internal gpu is completely disabled).

Have you actually tried DVB-T decoding with SVP? I suspect it's a universal issue. Since I've been having it on 3 different devices on 2 different PCs.

The choppiness is basically like the video is smooth for 1.5seconds but then it completely goes still for 0.5 seconds, or something like that.

edit: I repeat that the problem is NOT there if the raw stream is first recorded in VLC and then played back on SVP/mpc-hc so it's definitely something that occurs only on live playback and it's not related to hardware speed since the hardware is new and it can play much heavier videos anyway. It's of course not there if SVP is disabled also. Anyone else with the same issue please reply.

tobindax
I have not DVB-T hardware. Sorry.

tobindax
Try ProgDVB software. It used to work with SVP a few years ago...

Do not assume DVB as it is not used everywhere...

Chainik Thanks for the tip. Thanks everyone.

I'll report back if I find something interesting.