Topic: SVP 3.1.6 : Stuttering when in fullscreen

Hi, I've installed SVP 3.1.6 full package with Media Player Classic Home a while ago, and I've always noticed an annoying problem when watching a movie in fullscreen.

In windowed mode, I have no problem watching a movie at 60fps, but when I try watching the same movie in fullscreen mode, every 2-3 seconds the screen will hang very briefly, because of the fps decreasing at 40 fps and going back at 60 fps (I saw that with MSI Afterburner + RivaTunerStatisticsServer).

I don't think it's caused by my CPU, because it never reaches 80% usage most of the time (except for some videos). This is the CPU utilization when I tried to watch a movie in fullscreen (with the same problem mentioned) : http://i.imgur.com/x8ia6dW.png?1

I hope someone will help me  smile

I almost forgot, i have an I5 2500K@4.4 + HD 7950 + 8 GB

Re: SVP 3.1.6 : Stuttering when in fullscreen

linkoas
What renderer do you use? madVR?

MAG79 wrote:

linkoas
What renderer do you use? madVR?

I'm not sure, I just installed full package without modifying anything, but I think I do, because there's this icon called "mad* home cinema control" in the tray icon

4 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 16-03-2015 01:53:11)

I thought the default renderer was EVR custom?

I'd say try the following...

- Enable "alternate vsync"

If that doesn't work...

- Disable "accurate vsync"

If that doesn't work...

- Disable both "alternate vsync" and "accurate vsync", then enable "D3D Fullscreen"

Nintendo Maniac 64
the default renderer was EVR custom?
It depends on user's GPU. If SVP installer detects good enough GPU it selects madVR. In other cases it stays MPC's default EVR.