Topic: Is MPC-BE Better Then MPC-HC ?

As the title says, I had a look at it and it seems about the same, but it's arranged differently.
I only play Blu-rays so I am wondering if there is any real advantage to using MPC-BE ?
I have things working quite well with MPC-HC so I'm wondering if I'm just opening up a can of worms messing around with MPC-BE.
Thanks.  smile

Re: Is MPC-BE Better Then MPC-HC ?

Jeff R 1 wrote:

As the title says, I had a look at it and it seems about the same, but it's arranged differently.
I only play Blu-rays so I am wondering if there is any real advantage to using MPC-BE ?
I have things working quite well with MPC-HC so I'm wondering if I'm just opening up a can of worms messing around with MPC-BE.
Thanks.  smile

Some people claim the BE version of MPC performs better, because it has performance options where you can increase the amount of RAM it uses and so on... But it's nothing major I think and MPC is a lot more "stable".

Either way, it's in a different directory, it has its own setting and won't effect your MPC. Try it yourself and let us know what you think. If you scroll down a bit, I have a suggestion for another program below which I believe is better than MPC. You can try that as well and see for yourself which is best.

Goodluck.

Re: Is MPC-BE Better Then MPC-HC ?

> I have a suggestion for another program below which I believe is better than MPC. You can try that as well and see for yourself which is best.

You forgot to post the link